Premier League to restart on 17 June

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last 2 seasons:

Lamela - involved in 19 goals in 2935 minutes (32 games) - involved every 1.6 games.

Lucas - involved in 27 goals in 5745 minutes (64 games) - involved every 2.4 games.

I mean, they're facts.

Lets have a look at some of our other players in attack too, just because it's fun.

Dele - involved in 30 goals in 5647 minutes (63 games) - involved every 2.1 games

Son - involved in 55 goals in 5729 minutes (64 games) - involved every 1.3 games

Kane - involved in 49 goals in 5572 minutes (62 games) - involved every 1.3 games

So not only does Lucas play the most minutes - he's the least productive.

Lamela has played less than twenty games a season (many as sub) since his transfer, seven years ago.

Shove that stat where the Sun don't shine.

QPR not happy about the EFL restart.

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos
“I am absolutely stunned by this announcement, as is our director of football Les Ferdinand and manager Mark Warburton. Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors’ working group by the divisional representatives — or anyone else in the Football League — regarding this matter."

The EFL have proposed introducing five substitutes and 20-man matchday squads, but Hoos believes the plans leave players at risk of “long-term injuries” and says none of the logistics have been discussed.

Has the EPL suggested any similar changes?

QPR not happy about the EFL restart.

QPR chief executive Lee Hoos
“I am absolutely stunned by this announcement, as is our director of football Les Ferdinand and manager Mark Warburton. Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors’ working group by the divisional representatives — or anyone else in the Football League — regarding this matter."

Reeks of 'we'll do whatever the EPL decide'.... Never mind the fact that the EPL teams will have far more resources to handle the testing regiems and will benefit more from TV money. Pretty damn shitty if true.

When are they releasing the new fixtures?
The Premier League is close to presenting a provisional fixture list for the remainder of the season to its clubs, with the unlucky ones facing a sequence of three games in seven days. The league’s football operations team are working to finalise a schedule that features full match rounds on six long weekends.

The provisional fixture list will be debated at Thursday’s meeting and there are sure to be complaints from those who feel that the spacing is against them. The hope is the schedule can be finessed and signed off, however.

The Premier League is close to presenting a provisional fixture list for the remainder of the season to its clubs, with the unlucky ones facing a sequence of three games in seven days. The league’s football operations team are working to finalise a schedule that features full match rounds on six long weekends.

The provisional fixture list will be debated at Thursday’s meeting and there are sure to be complaints from those who feel that the spacing is against them. The hope is the schedule can be finessed and signed off, however.

Cue Dippers needlessly getting pre-emptively psyched up (as if they'd actually ever draw the short straw anyway).....

Last edited:
Two games on Wednesday 17th. What times?
I guess 5:30 and 8:00pm?
I'm counting the minutes!
ss.png

Back
Top Bottom