Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet, we're still above Koeman's impressive first season. We gonna credit Poch for that or nah?

Dear oh dear, yes let's credit him for that then.

However they have improved on last year without him, they've already beaten their points tally for last year and have one of the best defences in the league. We have less points than last year's car-crash and cannot exceed that, even with a 20+ league goal scorer that we were short of and, we have the worst defence in the league outside the bottom 6.

The defence issue is shocking, wasn't he a defender and isn't he a brilliant coach?

We haven't finished above Southampton yet either.

I don't dis-like Poch and as I've said, he has to be given until year 3 unless there is a huge capitulation into the bottom half of the table. However, even leaving aside he wasn't my preference (not even 3rd choice), surely it is ok to ponder and summise over what we've seen for a whole season so far??

If not then let's just all get 'I love Poch' tattoos, shut down the forum for 12-18months and come back when it's fair(er) to judge him?? Would that be ok?

So what, it's Koeman's first season and they've immediately progressed post-Poch with plenty of new players.

It's LVG's first season and ditto.

LVG - £170 mill
Koeman - £70+ mil
Poch - £40 mil and a terrible squad.

And yet we're only 7 points behind United and above Southampton. Yeah, Poch has done a shit job :vertna:

If not then let's just all get 'I love Poch' tattoos, shut down the forum for 12-18months and come back when it's fair(er) to judge him?? Would that be ok?
images

Again, be patient. Everyone can see you people shining your pitchforks waiting for just the right amount of time to pass before you can lynch him and tell everyone how right you were.

I, on the other hand, can see the positives Poch has brought to the club and prefers to see and hail that rather than give off major negative vibes.

These issue's (like defence) you bring up can be attributed solely on Poch after the impending transfer window where I suspect he and Mitchell will have full authority. If it's still shoddy, fine. Kaboul is shot, Chiriches an enigma, Verts a shadow. All 3 inherited. It can be argued Dier, his signing, has been our shining light in central defence and I see that as a positive sign. If he can get Verts back to his former self and use his influence to get his defensive targets, we will see improvement in that regard, hopefully.

Although he did have influence on our policy last summer, he was certainly shackled by the need to utilise the ''Bale 7''. He can't and won't have such shit going on this time.

10 managers in 12 years. We MUST stick by this guy.

LVG - £170 mill
Koeman - £70+ mil

And yet we're only 7 points behind United and above Southampton. Yeah, Poch has done a shit job :vertna:

Southampton is our benchmark now is it.....

They lost untold first team players like shaw, lallana, lovren, lambert and chambers.... and our terrible squad finished 6th

LVG - £170 mill
Koeman - £70+ mil

Utd were also in transition with an arguably worse squad...7pts is seven pts.

Southampton were also in transition with a decimated squad. They are not our rivals, so whats the big deal about being above them. We are behind all our rivals.

Dear oh dear, yes let's credit him for that then.

However they have improved on last year without him, they've already beaten their points tally for last year and have one of the best defences in the league. We have less points than last year's car-crash and cannot exceed that, even with a 20+ league goal scorer that we were short of and, we have the worst defence in the league outside the bottom 6.

The defence issue is shocking, wasn't he a defender and isn't he a brilliant coach?

We haven't finished above Southampton yet either.

I don't dis-like Poch and as I've said, he has to be given until year 3 unless there is a huge capitulation into the bottom half of the table. However, even leaving aside he wasn't my preference (not even 3rd choice), surely it is ok to ponder and summise over what we've seen for a whole season so far??

Exactly...people will just dismiss the fact you dont want him sacked though as it fucks their opinions up.

To be fair to Southampton.... they do a lot of things better than us, so in some regards they could be a benchmark.
They regulary produce quality youth so their systems in a number of areas would I imagine be naturally better than ours.
And they are used to losing that talent morse so than us. Reasonable to say they loose more players to bigger clubs?
So their powers of recovery and adaptability are also better.
Loose a player, loose a manager.... things keep ticking over and remain unaffected.
New manager comes in and although they wil have their own take on things, I bet a lot of the cogs keep turning in the same way and the philosophy remains true.

Southampton is a well run club.
Whereas we seem to be in a state of change, jumping from 1 style to another, 1 minute we have a director of football, the next not.

We do have more resources financially and they shouldn't be a benchmark as far as league position goes. But as for how they go about doing things, if anything we are trying to emulate them with the acquisitions of Poch and Mitchell, the new training ground etc

Talk Spurs or fuck off yourself. Boring as fuck mate
Stop responding then with dumb shit like the exact number of times people have tagged you in a response. That's what's boring as fuck, mate. My original posts were on topic for this thread. Actually, every post I make here is about Spurs until you get involved and start talking about yourself.

Stop responding then with dumb shit like the exact number of times people have tagged you in a response. That's what's boring as fuck, mate. My original posts were on topic for this thread. Actually, every post I make here is about Spurs until you get involved and start talking about yourself.

Talk Spurs if you want to talk to me

Exactly...people will just dismiss the fact you dont want him sacked though as it fucks their opinions up.

I know, I think I note about not wanting him sacked in every post that dares offer a critique of him that isn't positive to avoid those histrionics but no, doesn't work, as you well know.

Back
Top Bottom