Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Strongest line-up 2011/12

Friedel
Walker Dawson King Assou Ekotto
Parker Modric
Lennon van der Vaart Bale
Adebayor

Redknapp should have done better with that team.

Strongest line-up 2014/15

Lloris
Walker Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Mason Bentaleb
Lamella Eriksen Chadli
Kane

I'd say Pochettino is doing about as well as you'd expect with these players.

Dembele for Lamela for me.

Yet the next bloke in for the 2012/13 season didnt.

The bloke in for the 2012/13 didn't have King, Modric or van der Vaart and we finished 5th that season with 72 points, 3 points better off than the previous season with Redknapp. I didn't rate AVB, but you're talking absolute rubbish mate.

Absolute bullshit, i'd say that team is doing as well as you'd expect with Pochettino in charge.

and on this - you really are a fool.

Absolute bullshit, i'd say that team is doing as well as you'd expect with Pochettino in charge.

Harry would have this squad tearing teams to shreds...instead of having Lamela covering for Fazio, he'd have him attacking.

Im pretty sure he'd have set us up something like:

..............................Lloris
Dier..........Fazio..........Jan............Rose

Lamela.........Bentaleb.....Capoue.........Chadli

................. ..Dembele/Eriksen/Ade
...................................Kane

The bloke in for the 2012/13 didn't have King, Modric or van der Vaart and we finished 5th that season with 72 points, 3 points better off than the previous season with Redknapp. I didn't rate AVB, but you're talking absolute rubbish mate.

Oh so we are back to this 5th was better than 4th stuff...

You do realise that we cannot beat last season points tally dont you, if thats what tickles you.
The best we can do is finish 2pts worse off. Last season was a farce.

But this will be progress...

Funny cos a lot of people seem to think Lennon, Ade, Parker, Walker, Dawson and BAE are shit, and Harry is a poorer manager.

Why should he be getting 3rd?

Parker is 34, he'll be 35 in October - don't even try and say he's still good enough... I love Dawson, but he isn't the same player when he's not playing next to Ledley, the pair together were outstanding. BAE was awful during AVB's time as manager and even went back to your best mate Redknapp at QPR and couldn't even get a game there.

Redknapp fucked up big time in the 2011/12 season. Do I need to remind you about the 10 point lead we fucked up because Harry was too busy flirting with the England job?

Redknapp fucked up big time in the 2011/12 season. Do I need to remind you about the 10 point lead we fucked up because Harry was too busy flirting with the England job?

Still finished 4th. Anyone who thinks we underachieved by not getting 3rd, yet looks at this season as successful and progressive is a fucking mong to be honest

We finished fourth and sadly had nothing to show for it. Whereas 3rd would have sealed the Champions League.

Spursy.

:harrysmile:

But just one season before, you named him in a team that you think was so good that not coming 3rd was underachievement.

Because he was actually good that season! I don't know why he was shit the following season, maybe down to AVB or maybe because his pal Redknapp was sacked but the fact is, he wasn't as good the following season.

I don't know what point you're trying to prove - are you saying BAE should be our left back? You make arguments for the sake of making arguments.

Because he was actually good that season! I don't know why he was shit the following season, maybe down to AVB or maybe because his pal Redknapp was sacked but the fact is, he wasn't as good the following season.

I don't know what point you're trying to prove - are you saying BAE should be our left back? You make arguments for the sake of making arguments.

My point is that the team under Harry was not a top 3 team....we punched above our weight if anything, not underachieved.

Are you so fucking deluded that you think a better manager than Poch wouldnt have this very same squad playing better football and defending better

Parker is 34, he'll be 35 in October - don't even try and say he's still good enough... I love Dawson, but he isn't the same player when he's not playing next to Ledley, the pair together were outstanding. BAE was awful during AVB's time as manager and even went back to your best mate Redknapp at QPR and couldn't even get a game there.

Because Redknapp being linked with the England job played a part in woolwich going on a run of 9 wins in 10 games.

Also Kaboul played more minutes than any other central defender that season, with both Gallas and Bassong played more minutes than Dawson....

Because Redknapp being linked with the England job played a part in woolwich going on a run of 9 wins in 10 games.

Also Kaboul played more minutes than any other central defender that season, with both Gallas and Bassong played more minutes than Dawson....
Redknapp did choose to leave defoe on the bench when we were level against villa and a win would have sealed 3rd place.

Why does it matter what run Woolwich went on. WE WERE 10 POINTS AHEAD

Back
Top Bottom