Progress

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes.

The main reason we get the hump with Levy is because he continues to appoint crap managers like Poch@AVB!

They don't work and he then fires them!

If you like supporting a team that is content to hover around 6th place then good for you.

I don't which is why I want Poch out.

I would take Moyes, Rafa even Tim rather than this clown!
He doesn't even rate alongside Pardew, Pulis or BFS!

You obviously like him Tomo!

Fair enough but tell me exactly what he's achieved as a manager!
giphy.gif

This thread is almost as long as the Dembele one, if that isn't progress I don't know what is

I don't care who the damn manager is, would be nice to be able to get one player to play in the same position for 10 games and give you 10 performances, like Ledley used to even under shit managers, hopefully the fashion of youth and growing your own will instill better mindset and the death of the overpayment of mercenary and plain lazy twat footballers
Times 100

Yes.

The main reason we get the hump with Levy is because he continues to appoint crap managers like Poch@AVB!

If you like supporting a team that is content to hover around 6th place then good for you.

wait a minute here Basil?
Poch, as a coach has a clear message, a realistic idea how he wants football to be played at Spurs. players need to take some responsibility for failure. What has Moyes or Tim achived. What has Rafer achived without the rich trapings of big CLclubs. We need to bare with IMO. At least give one more season.

Yes.

1 played a good style of football IMO
2 like Sherwood been willing to use our youth players
3 done well against top teams unlike last year getting arse rapped by the likes of City, Chavs, Arse.
4 got us to a cup final, admittley we lost but it's not bad

I don't believe with this sqaud you can realistically expect top 4 right now, especially considering the use of youth players who take time to develop.

So we're probably gonna finish 6th again, but this time with one of the youngest (if not the youngest) average starting XI:s in the league. We also went to a cup final. We have a clear idea of how we want to play, albeit we do not always manage to follow it. We have seen the emergence of two homegrown players who are now english internationals.

Pochettino is also the 3rd manager we've had since the start of last season. I'd say we are doing okay. And even though we have some problems, I'd rank Poch quite low on that list - if he even deserves to be on it at all.

Poch has (without saying names) had to deal with good players, poor players, players signed for him, players taking the pi55 and average journey men. What a sham!!
Hopefully next season , get rid of the shite and might and play the best of the rest.
No one person is bigger than the club but Poch deserves another season lets stick with him.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/may/08/football-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

Spurs have everything not to play for

With matches against Stoke, Hull and Everton remaining this season, Tottenham Hotspur are up against it in the race to avoid qualifying for next season’s Europa League. As if the prospect of facing two teams with nothing to play for isn't bad enough, their fate is no longer in their own hands: even three consecutive defeats will not be enough to save them and they will still be relying on favours from the teams beneath them to extricate themselves from their current pickle.

Southampton (Leicester away, Aston Villa at home, Man City away) and Swansea (Woolwich away, Man City away and Crystal Palace at home) have tougher run-ins and it seems unlikely both will win enough points to save Spurs, who could end up counting on an Aston Villa FA Cup final win to keep them out of Europe’s second tier competition and improve their chances of breaking into the top four next season. Never mind the relegation battle, these are stressful times at White Hart Lane, where with three games of the season remaining there is everything to not play for.

Back
Top Bottom