Property Empire FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do folks think about the gentrification of the Tottenham area generally?
Gentrification gets a whole lot of bad headlines, and I get it.

But at the same time, no one decrying gentrification has ever explained to me their actual plan to turn around derelict, impoverished areas other than outside investment.

Absolutely, in any scheme some get taken advantage of. The early outters will be selling low so others can pounce, revitalize, and sell high. Those who stick, though, will see that investment boost their own values. I live in a gently gentrified area, myself, and know a few older couples who've seen massive increases on their property values. In fact, the couple we bought from more than doubled their investment, pocketed the cash and moved to Croatia.

Excellent idea - now all we need is an 'ENIC OUT' thread to keep every other thread from being spammed 100 times each day with the same few empty words but no thought, rationale or context - oh, hold on... :/
I know you're fairly new here mate. But did you know there is actually a "Don Levy" thread somewhere in the archives.

It's full of praise and adulation for the man.. Lots of stroking off with references to building statues etc...

Maybe you and a few others could resurrect it instead of spamming evey other thread with excuses for the old boy.

:adethumbup:

I know you're fairly new here mate. But did you know there is actually a "Don Levy" thread somewhere in the archives.

It's full of praise and adulation for the man.. Lots of stroking off with references to building statues etc...

Maybe you and a few others could resurrect it instead of spamming evey other thread with excuses for the old boy.

You're just bitter there's now a thread about our great chairman's building works prowess, burying you under a mountain of bricks when you said there would never even be one!

On one hand an investment company is using the good name of our football club in order to gain the upper hand in property deals by exploiting local sentimentality.

On the other hand in Levy's pre season video he said everybody on the board are fans themselves.

#conflicted

The club have announced a revamp to the famous crest in order to truly match our values and standards in 2022

esy-038708410.jpg

Find me a single example where I've raised the topic of ENIC / Levy on a thread, as opposed to replying to the irrelevant raising of said topic by you and your bunch. You won't be able to because I never have and never would. ;)

And by the way, Levy's no hero for me either, he's done lots of very stupid things over the years. I just don't believe there is sufficient foundation for the extreme levels of venom directed at him from the extremist parties on here.

Levy = thunder Cunt bald maggot

Enic = parasite properly developers

Joe Lewis = Saggy balled bastard

Get the fuck out of our club. If you can’t be bothered to invest on the field, you have no use here. Sell up to someone that wants to build a football team and not a property empire , cunts!!! Give me the Saudi’s any day over you gutless cowards.

#EnicOut #LevyOut

Can anyone break the paywall and copypasta?

Gentrification gets a whole lot of bad headlines, and I get it.

But at the same time, no one decrying gentrification has ever explained to me their actual plan to turn around derelict, impoverished areas other than outside investment.

Absolutely, in any scheme some get taken advantage of. The early outters will be selling low so others can pounce, revitalize, and sell high. Those who stick, though, will see that investment boost their own values. I live in a gently gentrified area, myself, and know a few older couples who've seen massive increases on their property values. In fact, the couple we bought from more than doubled their investment, pocketed the cash and moved to Croatia.

It's definitely a mixed bag, but generally gentrification is only a benefit to the actual property owners or developers. Very often many of the people living there aren't the actual property owners so they gain nothing from rising property values except for higher rent costs, which they may not be able to afford.

Back
Top Bottom