Pulis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't say I did, I thought he would stop the rot , but I didn't expect the team to play with that amount of style/pace/flair.

"That amount of style/pace/flair" is, IMO, something of a red herring. It didnt happen anywhere near as frequently as people like to think.

He did, however, get the team balanced and pulling in the same direction with the intent to go and win games just as I expected.

I am a big admirer of the fella's motivational and man management skills, seems to get his tactics right for the limited resources he has at his disposal.
My question is ; is he capable of moulding a team to play the Tottenham way ?
Not hipster enough for the hipsters. So that's a no.

And a hell no from me

On another forum In A Galaxy Far, Far Away (Spurs Odyssey), it used to amuse me when I quite regularly suggested Pulis as manager.

The reaction was mental.

It’s a great shout for whenever I want to leave the forum permanently.

final judgment GIF

I'd take him over a few of the names we've been linked with, but I wouldn't prefer him at all as I couldn't see him molding this squad into a squad that plays the kind of football we like to see, which isn't really all that far away and as such would be a waste.

Consider this. He's never been relegated, no-matter how rubbish the team he's been in charge of.

Could you live in a Spurs world without Serious Relegation Fears?

Actually, despite the reputation of his teams I think it's difficult to know what Pullis would do with a team containing genuine attacking talent. Maybe he'd use his defensive organisational ability to form a unit that could set the attacking players free to do the damage? Maybe he's secretly wanted an attacking style all along and has just been forced into a pragmatic style?

All questions that hopefully we'll find the answer to one day when he's not managing Spurs.

Consider this. He's never been relegated, no-matter how rubbish the team he's been in charge of.

Could you live in a Spurs world without Serious Relegation Fears?

Actually, despite the reputation of his teams I think it's difficult to know what Pullis would do with a team containing genuine attacking talent. Maybe he'd use his defensive organisational ability to form a unit that could set the attacking players free to do the damage? Maybe he's secretly wanted an attacking style all along and has just been forced into a pragmatic style?

All questions that hopefully we'll find the answer to one day when he's not managing Spurs.
I was wondering this, he could actually be a very good top level manager.

Just for the record, I don't think Pulis would play attacking football. I just think it would be interesting to see him given a punt at a bigger club (again, somewhere other than Spurs)/

As far away from Spurs as possible and Im happy to watch with interest!

The thing is, he had money to get the likes of Crouch, Woodgate, Palacios... He had money to get attacking players IMHO.

Again, Swansea and the like are hardly rolling in it are they? Just as Everton arent this season.

Send him to Manchester. My casual disdain for united would finally turn into active loathing.

Dunno how he'd handle so many foreign players, though.

If it's a choice between pulis, Sherwood and moyes id take pulis but I hope we can aim for pochettino or de boer.

If that were the choice Id take Sherwood.
He is the worst manager of the 3 but at least I know his heart is in the right place.
Id know with Pulis and Moyes exactly where we [werent] headed, with Sherwood there is at least the "what if" and "maybe" to console you.
And then of course when he inevitably fails and gets sacked there is every chance Pulis and Moyes wont be options!

Back
Top Bottom