Pundits are absolutely sh!t

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Please amalgamate as I can't see the thread on pundits.

But these people, invariably ex-players or managers just go with the fcuking obvious..

For example, one minute we were nothing, then our long unbeaten run and we are Liverpool's most serious rivals and now the criticism.

Look at United and Gary Neville. What a tosser. Here him saying United should only buy if they find the right player. It was not so long ago when he was saying he worried about the club and that they lacked leaders.

And I say Neville but it's nearly all pundits. Nearly no consistency whatsoever. Utter bo!!ocks.

On us it's simple in my opinion. We are 2 players short, lack the strength of mind and won't the PL until we have won a cup competition. There is simply something about us as a club that stops us and until that changes we will simply fall short.

I would much prefer a pundit have their initial view from the beginning of the season and always be asked to explain any changes of opinion on that basis.

Much the same in coverage of most sport, politics, movies etc. Anybody paid to comment in the public sphere is reliant on their opinion generating reaction, and what generates reaction is abrupt judgements made on the most recent events.

Jamie Redknapp is the master of this.

Just listen to his post match comments on Arteta and Woolwich when they beat Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Last weekend for the Palace game, the commentator on BT was sucking them off, champions, top of the league and worthy leaders etc

cunts were only top because they beat us. The cooing was unbelievable.

The average fan knows more about their club than any of these pundits. What do Jamie Redknapp or Souness realistically know about Spurs.

You get more insight on these forums than you do Sky or BT. If there are two ex-footballers as pundits, the 3rd pundit should be a fan from the club that is playing.

That way you'd get more insight into the team plus when the game is going badly, we'd get to see a forum member having a c**t off with Graham Souness at half time.

Who’s cooking it for you?
Ooops
Forgot I was on a yellow!!

Gulp!

Christmas Kitten GIF

There are already a couple of threads on this tbf.

As for pundits, they just read off a script written pre match. It becomes very noticeable when you watch Championship games.

During the match they are best muted and after the match, switched off entirely. We aren't their audience.

Back
Top Bottom