Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WHO?

Qarabağ (the “ğ” is pronounced in the back of your throat, like a French “r”) FK, are based in the tiny village of Qarabağ but play in Baku because of armed conflict. Yes, that’s right, yet again Spurs will play against a club whose home is in an unstable area (others have included Anži Maxačkala, FC Sheriff, and Liverpool). They are the second team from Azerbaijan to play in the Europa League group stage, and they're doing it for the second season in a row.

Their nickname is “Atlılar”, which means “horsemen.” Between that and their logo, it is clear that we are playing the Dothraki. Hopefully our squad won’t get lost in the Dothraki Sea when we fly out there later this autumn.

FK_Karabakh.png

Most of their players are Azeri, so good luck with the scouting, but they do have three Brazilians and two Spaniards. Then again, Spurs have proven that having Brazilians and Spaniards in the squad can mean SFA.

This is an 1882 Event.

KO is 20:05 in the UK, which is 15:05 in NYC, 22:05 in Vilnius, and 6:05 in Sydney (not so bad!)

Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ Live Streaming and TV Listings, Live Scores, News, Videos - September 17, 2015 - UEFA Europa League :: Live Soccer TV will show the TV listing in your country, but I can tell you now that it will be broadcast on BT Sport Europe in the UK and some Fox Sports channel in the US.

I won't speculate on the XI, because, well, writing just this much tired me out.

Yes, that’s right, yet again Spurs will play against a club whose home is in an unstable area (others have included Anži Maxačkala, FC Sheriff, and Liverpool)
This cracked me up so much, great post btw, I predict a 3-0 win(Kane x2 and Son scorers), hopefully we can kick on from the positive result today, COYS

WHO?

Qarabağ (the “ğ” is pronounced in the back of your throat, like a French “r”) FK, are based in the tiny village of Qarabağ but play in Baku because of armed conflict. Yes, that’s right, yet again Spurs will play against a club whose home is in an unstable area (others have included Anži Maxačkala, FC Sheriff, and Liverpool). They are the second team from Azerbaijan to play in the Europa League group stage, and they're doing it for the second season in a row.

Their nickname is “Atlılar”, which means “horsemen.” Between that and their logo, it is clear that we are playing the Dothraki. Hopefully our squad won’t get lost in the Dothraki Sea when we fly out there later this autumn.

FK_Karabakh.png

Most of their players are Azeri, so good luck with the scouting, but they do have three Brazilians and two Spaniards. Then again, Spurs have proven that having Brazilians and Spaniards in the squad can mean SFA.

This is an 1882 Event.

KO is 20:05 in the UK, which is 15:05 in NYC, 22:05 in Vilnius, and 6:05 in Sydney (not so bad!)

Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ Live Streaming and TV Listings, Live Scores, News, Videos - September 17, 2015 - UEFA Europa League :: Live Soccer TV will show the TV listing in your country, but I can tell you now that it will be broadcast on BT Sport Europe in the UK and some Fox Sports channel in the US.

I won't speculate on the XI, because, well, writing just this much tired me out.

Never heard of them before the EL draw and thought you pronounced it something like: 'FK Carrier-bag'

I'm going to this match and we will hopefully win 3-0, Harry Kane hat-trick all the way. #COYS

Last edited:
If Eriksen is still out I think Lamela has earned that spot on Thursday. Townsend too should play if he's not starting next weekend. Excited to see the new players in a competition game.

Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer and Rose should all be nailed on. 2 starts between them all. Need a fit squad.

Assuming Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dembele, Mason and Njie are still unfit.

Alli, Carroll, Son, Lamela, Townsend and Kane. Pritchard should start too but who knows if Poch even likes him.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Winks, Alli, Townsend, Lamela, Carroll, Chadli][/formation]

Rest Kane and a few others. Still wondering if Son is actually a striker, wouldn't mind trying Chadli up front.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Winks, Alli, Townsend, Lamela, Carroll, Chadli][/formation]

Rest Kane and a few others. Still wondering if Son is actually a striker, wouldn't mind trying Chadli up front.
Ahhhh!!!!!

Crikey, Chadli up top this season.... fuck this is going to be funny

Ahhhh!!!!!

Crikey, Chadli up top this season.... fuck this is going to be funny

Yep although many people had the same reaction to Dier as DM. Dier is aggressive, quick for a defender anyway, good tackler and calm passer, all he lacked was experience.

Chadli is strong, can hold the ball up, is a good finisher sometimes and can use his head. If anything his skill set looks more a striker than a winger but it remains to be seen if he can take to it like Dier. That's of course if we do play him there.

Yep although many people had the same reaction to Dier as DM. Dier is aggressive, quick for a defender anyway, good tackler and calm passer, all he lacked was experience.

Chadli is strong, can hold the ball up, is a good finisher sometimes and can use his head. If anything his skill set looks more a striker than a winger but it remains to be seen if he can take to it like Dier. That's of course if we do play him there.
Look I am a massive defender for all of Chadli's skill set and I want to see him do well, but I can't lie that I'll be a little nervous seeing him up front.

Look I am a massive defender for all of Chadli's skill set and I want to see him do well, but I can't lie that I'll be a little nervous seeing him up front.

We all are but Niji and Son have played only wingers as well, Son has played as a second striker but that's different to an out and out striker so really it's a choice between 3 players. Out of the 3 Chadli is the more physical player but it remains to be seen who Poch picks to do the job.

We really should not be in this position but it is what it is.

Agree, Chadli was diabolical yesterday but looked marginally better when he was playing inside more, I think he is close to being dropped for first team so could feature up front for these kind of games

Agree with all that about Chadli but what worries me is his general lack of effort!

Even when Harry isn't playing well he still chases lost causes etc but will Chadli?

Back
Top Bottom