Questions for Balague

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there any danger of Daniel Levy signing the right players at the start of the transfer window rather than waiting till the end and signing expensive shit?

I've been giving this a lot of thought...

What's his favourite dinosaur?
Has he ever seen a ghost?
How quickly does he think he can create a rudimentary omlette, with the frying pan pre-heated?

I think this is the kind of insight I'm looking for.

"Brave" New World..... Who da fuck's trollin' whom here? :angryscouser:

Does Guillem think that, like Aldous Huxley, the future of mankind is based upon breeding human life from artificial wombs and does he consider himself to be Bernard Marx in the plot of this book??

that's right, I read a book :levywhoa:

Last edited:
Does Guillem think that, like Aldous Huxley, the future of mankind is based upon breeding human like from artificial wounds and does he consider himself to be Bernard Marx in the plot of this book??

that's right, I read a book :levywhoa:

A what?:goonermong:

....Reading is a place, right?

On a scale of 1 > accompanied by his dad when he was asleep, how do you rate Harry Wink's legs?

A what?:goonermong:

....Reading is a place, right?

In fairness I fucked up the spelling and words and had to edit, so apologies for that. Brave New World is a book by Aldous Huxley, very much down Orwellian lines .

I think the original use of the phrase was Shakespeare possibly the Tempest??

In fairness I fucked up the spelling and words and had to edit, so apologies for that. Brave New World is a book by Aldous Huxley, very much down Orwellian lines .

I know ; o ] ...I was actually riffing on the recurrence of the word "Brave" in that recent press conference...

...You mean, you've readed Shakespear too?

...What, are you a witch?

I know ; o ] ...I was actually riffing on the recurrence of the word "Brave" in that recent press conference...

...You mean, you've readed Shakespear too?

...What, are you a witch?

Well that's a very fair point but our Poch loves the word 'Brave ' in the same way Donald Trump seems to take way too much enjoyment in saying the country name 'China'

As for witches, that was MacBeth, see GCSE in English Literature, not that I'm boasting .. (I'm totally doing that)

So Poch and Balague are coming over to Barcelona this Friday to launch the Spanish edition of Brave New World (AKA the Poch book)

I've managed to somehow blag some time to interview Balague tomorrow morning ahead of the event. Got any questions you'd like me to ask?
Oh just WAIT for the Press to start adding 2+2= 5 Year REAL deal the MOMENT he touches down on Spain!
HACK: "MAURICIO.... WHY ARE YOU IN SPAIN... IS IT TO DISCUSS THE REAL JOB...?"
MP: "No. I'm here o promote my new book, and besides, I'm in Barcelona"
HACK: "SO YOU'RE DEFINITELY DISCUSSING THE REAL MADRID JOB THEN?"
MP: "NO"

Morning papers: "Poch arrives in Spain to discuss Real move"
You just wait till the morning...
:pochshock2:

Actually, 1984 is Huxlian, as Brave New World was written in 1932, Orwell's masterpiece in 1948.

Also, when Pochettino says "brave", understand it as "decisive, proactive" as opposed to "courageous". It's a limited vocab thing and looking for similar (i.e Sp-Eng), more common words.

Whatever, I'm hoping Levy is brave, decisive, proactive, the whole shitshow

:levylol:

Oh just WAIT for the Press to start adding 2+2= 5 Year REAL deal the MOMENT he touches down on Spain!
HACK: "MAURICIO.... WHY ARE YOU IN SPAIN... IS IT TO DISCUSS THE REAL JOB...?"
MP: "No. I'm here o promote my new book, and besides, I'm in Barcelona"
HACK: "SO YOU'RE DEFINITELY DISCUSSING THE REAL MADRID JOB THEN?"
MP: "NO"

Morning papers: "Poch arrives in Spain to discuss Real move"
You just wait till the morning...
:pochshock2:

Imagine he is already there, think he goes back to Barcelona quite often for holidays.

But jimmyriggle jimmyriggle will be at the book launch tomorrow - sure the press will have some interesting questions to ask.........

Back
Top Bottom