Questions for the podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually I have another question for you podcast love doctors.
My girlfriend of 5 years hates football on all levels and thinks my passion for spurs is stupid.
How should I go about making her understand what it means to support spurs and get her to share in my love for the club?

P.s. 'Get a new girlfriend' is not a valid answer.

unless you are willing to pay for Miranda Kerr to go out with me.

I think you're better off as you are. Can you imagine arguing in bed over the merits of Paulinho, or whether Eriksen should cut in off the left or play as a genuine no10? Nothing is worth that mate.

Question for the podcast. Would you rather...

Bill Nicholson's Grandson comes through the youth team and becomes the best player in the clubs history, but before he hits his prime he does a Sol Campbell and leaves us on a free transfer to join Woolwich where he enjoys years of success.

Or

Ray Parlour Jr breaks through at Woolwich and leads their team to a decade of dominance in the Premier League and Europe, winning the Ballon D'or 5 seasons in a row. Whenever Spurs produce a top player from that point on the phrase "He is no Ray Parlour Jr" will be said.

So after an arsonist attack, a radical troll happening pitch invasion sponsored by an earphone manufacturer named after the sexual parts of a fish, a player being cursed by a witch doctor and a rumoured squad fight. Was soldado goal the weirdest thing to happen this week?

Last edited:
The day we were relegated is still remembered amongst fans that were there and for those who weren't, it is known about as it has become part of club legend and spoken about as an example of how defiant Spurs fans are. IMO The reason it is part of our folk law is because it was fan driven. There are other such fan driven moments that have formed folk law at this club such as Danny Thomas chant after missing his penalty, the 4 angles and even a dude dressed in a space suite when Villa & Ardilles rocked up at the Lane, to name but a few.

As the last game at WHL approaches what should us fans do on that day? I'm not talking about waiting for the club to wheel in Chaz & Dave for a sing song. I'm talking about us, the fans, what can we do as a gesture, a symbolic oraganised solely by the fans for the fans to show our love, our respect to honour all those players who have gone before. All those fans gone before us, great Grandfathers who have trod the same path as us now.

FWIW I'd love to see every single person in the stadium bring a till roll and a newspaper to create the biggest ticker tape show that has ever been seen. Bigger than those seen in Argentina.

I thought we were going to chuck missiles at the United bus delaying kickoff, be generally dicks during the game, followed by a disappointing firework display that isn't fully televised due to the aforementioned delay?

Or has that already been done?

Following the word cup and the behavior of the Japanese fans, do you think 1882 should stop being concerned with atmosphere and having fun, and instead become an elite cleaning movement where hygiene is key?

What's the largest piece of confectionary you could fit in your mouth horizontally? If we start with the classic 'Cadbury's chocolate finger' and escalate to a 'Curly Wurly', how far along the confectionary scale would you all reach? Personally I feel a 'Twix' would be the limit, but I'd be interested to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
2 Questions for the ENIC out guy (sorry don't know his real name)
How would you counter the argument that, although we are in a downward spiral in terms of results on the field, we are only heading down from a high position that ENIC themselves got us to in the first place?

Also, who in your mind is a realistic alternative and how do we go about attracting them to take over from the current incumbents?

Back
Top Bottom