Questions for the podcast

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have an interesting one, from a thought the other day.

What would our current situation look like without the emergence of Kane? Would we have persisted more with Adebayor/Soldado/Chadli?

I think he's been a bit of a game-changer in the team, especially if you believe the Seniors vs Yoofs stand off with Ade/Kaboul/Whoever else from Poch's first season.

Are people 'melting' after the Liverpool result delusional, and should remember that we have been punching well above our weight for a couple of seasons?

Or, should we now be being that level of critical if we want to 'push on' to the next level and see ourselves as a truly big club?

Is there any chance of doing another fighting cock live for the last day of the season?

With Hull having only 25k capacity can't imagine there'll be a lot of opportunity for most to go up so could be a good opportunity!

Is there any chance of doing another fighting cock live for the last day of the season?

With Hull having only 25k capacity can't imagine there'll be a lot of opportunity for most to go up so could be a good opportunity!
It would need to be televised, otherwise it won't be possible.

It would need to be televised, otherwise it won't be possible.

Don't they show something like 4 games on the last day?
I guess if Hull are in a relegation struggle and we're in top 4 fight it bodes well.
Liverpool vs Boro would be in same boat as would Utd vs Palace.
Guessing Chelsea vs Sunderland will be on but both of their fates will be sealed by then.

How much notice is needed to organise?

Don't they show something like 4 games on the last day?
I guess if Hull are in a relegation struggle and we're in top 4 fight it bodes well.
Liverpool vs Boro would be in same boat as would Utd vs Palace.
Guessing Chelsea vs Sunderland will be on but both of their fates will be sealed by then.

How much notice is needed to organise?
Depends really, they announce the last fixture pretty late on.

At what point do we question where we are, what we have and are we really moving forward. Is Poch the man to take us to the next level. We are quickly establishing ourselves as a regular top 4, should we expect a PL title challange for real in the next few seasons? Am I wrong for questioning this?

The day we were relegated is still remembered amongst fans that were there and for those who weren't, it is known about as it has become part of club legend and spoken about as an example of how defiant Spurs fans are. IMO The reason it is part of our folk law is because it was fan driven. There are other such fan driven moments that have formed folk law at this club such as Danny Thomas chant after missing his penalty, the 4 angles and even a dude dressed in a space suite when Villa & Ardilles rocked up at the Lane, to name but a few.

As the last game at WHL approaches what should us fans do on that day? I'm not talking about waiting for the club to wheel in Chaz & Dave for a sing song. I'm talking about us, the fans, what can we do as a gesture, a symbolic oraganised solely by the fans for the fans to show our love, our respect to honour all those players who have gone before. All those fans gone before us, great Grandfathers who have trod the same path as us now.

FWIW I'd love to see every single person in the stadium bring a till roll and a newspaper to create the biggest ticker tape show that has ever been seen. Bigger than those seen in Argentina.

The day we were relegated is still remembered amongst fans that were there and for those who weren't, it is known about as it has become part of club legend and spoken about as an example of how defiant Spurs fans are. IMO The reason it is part of our folk law is because it was fan driven. There are other such fan driven moments that have formed folk law at this club such as Danny Thomas chant after missing his penalty, the 4 angles and even a dude dressed in a space suite when Villa & Ardilles rocked up at the Lane, to name but a few.

As the last game at WHL approaches what should us fans do on that day? I'm not talking about waiting for the club to wheel in Chaz & Dave for a sing song. I'm talking about us, the fans, what can we do as a gesture, a symbolic oraganised solely by the fans for the fans to show our love, our respect to honour all those players who have gone before. All those fans gone before us, great Grandfathers who have trod the same path as us now.

FWIW I'd love to see every single person in the stadium bring a till roll and a newspaper to create the biggest ticker tape show that has ever been seen. Bigger than those seen in Argentina.

I thought we were going to chuck missiles at the United bus delaying kickoff, be generally dicks during the game, followed by a disappointing firework display that isn't fully televised due to the aforementioned delay?

Or has that already been done?

Does Harry Kane have a shot at beating Jimmy Greaves 266 club goals record.
  • 98 Goals in 165 Appearances
  • 0.59 Goals Per Game
  • Greaves Record is 266 Goals
  • Kane is 168 Goals behind
  • He is on course to break the record games which is just 6 seasons

Back
Top Bottom