Quiz - 1977/78

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Programme was definitely 15p
The first game I saw at whl was villa April 1977 and my treasured programme cost 10p
At the beginning of the next season for the notts Co game I was on a budget and was shocked when the seller wanted 15p - a whopping 50% increasing ( was bigger and in colour!!)
Didn’t have my bus fare home but managed to dodge paying by telling the conductor I’d already paid and flashed a screwed up ticket at him ( always was a bit of a rebel me😂)

Hull away was also midweek, that was our first defeat of the season, went with KR's coaches to that.

The dad of a mate of mine refereed the all important home leg v Hull...gave us a dodgy penalty to get us promoted.

I've actually looked it up...and it was a goal in the dying minutes where the goalie had the ball knocked out of his hands before S Perryman scored!

Last edited:
Jimmy D.
Number 9 was correct

👍It was the only one I was sure of.

Ah yeah - was convinced stoke was midweek cos I’m sure I got in trouble from my mum for being back so late so assumed it was midweek - tge memory does funny things to you as you get old!!

As per the Tottenham boys we will return book

WEDNESDAY March 22nd Tottenham Hotspur 3 stoke city 1 I may be old and demented but maybe not that demented!!
So we didn’t have only the one home midweek game!!

Back
Top Bottom