Race to the Title

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Realistically we'll struggle to make the top 6. If we get 6th place this season I think Espirito Santo will have done wonders myself.

Apart from fitness and a general feel good factor I don't see any massive change in the team or how we play. I'm happy to give Nuno a season to bed in his way of playing. Top 6 would be fine.

Although Gil might turn out to be a truly great signing, I think our best business this summer is keeping Kane for at least another season. And also Skipp has already shown he's ready for Premier League football. Ideally he wouldn't be a starter for me, but he's more than held his own in the few games he has played.

European football, finishing above Woolwich, Kane getting that bit closer to Greaves' record and a team that aren't a soft touch and no longer seen as bottlers, and I think that will be a very good season.

Of course we can win the title. Why? Partially regression to the mean, we were better than our points total last season. We led the league in points dropped from winning positions, with a huge total. If we'd been bang average we'd have been joint 2nd on 74. City has a melting down Pep, a £100M Grealish, and no striker. Unless Ronaldo gives United a big lift, we're absolutely amongst it.

Will we? I suspect we'll be in the thick of it, then Kane (who will have played all the matches, yet again) will do his ankle in mid-March again and it'll all go tits up.

We easily have the 5th best squad.

I'm not sure about that, and even if we do, it certainly doesn't mean we're guaranteed for 5th or 6th place.

We're definitely behind Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and United. I think we're on some sort of a par with Leicester. West Ham have just made two very good signings in Zouma and Vlasic too that improves their squad. But I'll certainly be disaapointed if we didn't finish above them.

I see no reason we cannot make top 4.

Not many teams will get 3 points home to City, or take them from Wolves.

We have to break the habit of dropping silly ones against the bottom 6 - 8 teams. If we do, we'll make it.

I'm not sure about that, and even if we do, it certainly doesn't mean we're guaranteed for 5th or 6th place.

We're definitely behind Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and United. I think we're on some sort of a par with Leicester. West Ham have just made two very good signings in Zouma and Vlasic too that improves their squad. But I'll certainly be disaapointed if we didn't finish above them.
We aren’t far from Liverpool. The top 3 are definitely ahead of us.

Good start and if Kane & Son play all of the rest of the PL matches we will do well. However our success will depend very much on those 2 staying fit. We do not have any other prolific goal scorers. Scarlett is too inexperienced and we should have replaced Vinny.
Liverpool, MC, MU & Chelsea are strong and unless 1 of them has problems then it is difficult to see any of them missing out on top 4. If Son & Kane do not have any long term injuries then hopefully 5th which is an improvement on the last 2 seasons.

I see something shiny travelling along a road, from a most unexpected direction. I see a large vehicle with no roof and people dancing. Someone who was leaving decides to stay and someone you have bad feelings towards suddenly becomes loved again. But tread carefully - a rocky path is ahead.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom