Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As per OP.... If some of tabloid hacks hold archaic outlooks on race etc. this is no suprise, but can we not casually paint the wider populace with the same damn brush please.

Can you back that up with anything credible?

{Nice hit and run 'disagree' from the poster there.... Fucking idiot!]

That's how recruiters think, not me. Willy Sagnol got in trouble for stating his opinion about that 3 years ago

That's how recruiters think, not me. Willy Sagnol got in trouble for stating his opinion about that 3 years ago

What do you mean "recruiters"?

"most people see black players as physical first."

You said, it... You did not attribute the sentiment to anyone else.

There's a reason someone would get shit for saying that... It's because it's unfounded bollocks.. A myth you're post happily perpetuates further (it's not like you were questioning the sentiment is it?).

Edit: Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol apologises for 'African' remark

Your reference is way off anyway...

Sagnol was the one perpetuating the racial sterotype about players... WDF you even talking about?????

Got to admit, I planted my arm on the desktop to find out my shade.
Perhaps, but like him I also have an opinion, the premise is ill conceived and incorrect.
Most if not all recognise his guile and craft alongside his pace and power, very specific to him and no generalisations were stated
So far that wider debate hasn't been achieved as a matter of fact it's regressed to 'light black not black black' or some bulshittery like that.

We're a club of Walter Tull and Ledley King. We've just acquired fingers crossed a potential global superstar.

I reiterate kill this unnecessary embarrassing thread
the premise is ill conceived and incorrect and a barrage of people are telling him this, and cunting him off. Education and the stick is better than sweeping it under the carpet. It s a great thread as it shows most on here are decent types (even though they try the best not to show it) and also highlights the proper wronguns.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

There you go. Pick the bones out of that. Quite a few skilful players in this list. A lot of them a 'real' black (whatever this means)

You do talk a load of nonsense!

Tammy Abraham
Earl Barrett
Fraizer Campbell
Nathaniel Clyne
Keith Curle
Kieron Dyer
Kieran Gibbs
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Zat Knight
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Cyrille Regis
John Salako
Raheem Sterling
Theo Walcott
Callum Wilson
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Darren Bent
Sol Campbell
Andrew Cole
Tony Daley
Ugo Ehiogu
Joe Gomez
Paul Ince
Aaron Lennon
Carlton Palmer
Micah Richards
Jadon Sancho
Daniel Sturridge
Des Walker
Ian Wright
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Ryan Bertrand
Steven Caulker
Ashley Cole
Brian Deane
John Fashanu
Andy Gray
David James
Joleon Lescott
Paul Parker
Kieran Richardson
Trevor Sinclair
Danny Thomas
Kyle Walker
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Dele Alli
Luther Blissett
Mark Chamberlain
Carlton Cole
Jermain Defoe
Les Ferdinand
Emile Heskey
Jermaine Jenas
Jesse Lingard
Chris Powell
Michael Ricketts
Chris Smalling
Michael Thomas
Danny Wallace
Ashley Young
Viv Anderson
Jay Bothroyd
Gary Charles
Stan Collymore
Fabian Delph
Rio Ferdinand
Ricky Hill
Glen Johnson
Jake Livermore
Marcus Rashford
David Rocastle
Dominic Solanke
Andros Townsend
Mark Walters
Wilfried Zaha
John Barnes
Wes Brown
Nathaniel Chalobah
Laurie Cunningham
Dion Dublin
Anthony Gardner
Tom Huddlestone
Ledley King
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Nathan Redmond
Danny Rose
Brian Stein
Darius Vassell
Danny Welbeck
Bobby Zamora

Mostly American based but I think it's applicable to Europe and else where.

There you go. Pick the bones out of that. Quite a few skilful players in this list. A lot of them a 'real' black (whatever this means)

You do talk a load of nonsense!

Tammy Abraham
Earl Barrett
Fraizer Campbell
Nathaniel Clyne
Keith Curle
Kieron Dyer
Kieran Gibbs
Callum Hudson-Odoi
Zat Knight
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Cyrille Regis
John Salako
Raheem Sterling
Theo Walcott
Callum Wilson
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Darren Bent
Sol Campbell
Andrew Cole
Tony Daley
Ugo Ehiogu
Joe Gomez
Paul Ince
Aaron Lennon
Carlton Palmer
Micah Richards
Jadon Sancho
Daniel Sturridge
Des Walker
Ian Wright
Trent Alexander-Arnold
Ryan Bertrand
Steven Caulker
Ashley Cole
Brian Deane
John Fashanu
Andy Gray
David James
Joleon Lescott
Paul Parker
Kieran Richardson
Trevor Sinclair
Danny Thomas
Kyle Walker
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Dele Alli
Luther Blissett
Mark Chamberlain
Carlton Cole
Jermain Defoe
Les Ferdinand
Emile Heskey
Jermaine Jenas
Jesse Lingard
Chris Powell
Michael Ricketts
Chris Smalling
Michael Thomas
Danny Wallace
Ashley Young
Viv Anderson
Jay Bothroyd
Gary Charles
Stan Collymore
Fabian Delph
Rio Ferdinand
Ricky Hill
Glen Johnson
Jake Livermore
Marcus Rashford
David Rocastle
Dominic Solanke
Andros Townsend
Mark Walters
Wilfried Zaha
John Barnes
Wes Brown
Nathaniel Chalobah
Laurie Cunningham
Dion Dublin
Anthony Gardner
Tom Huddlestone
Ledley King
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Nathan Redmond
Danny Rose
Brian Stein
Darius Vassell
Danny Welbeck
Bobby Zamora
I like that you crossed out Sol Campbell.

Mostly American based but I think it's applicable to Europe and else where.
Why do you think its applicable in the UK?I have only ever seen us studies

the premise is ill conceived and incorrect and a barrage of people are telling him this, and cunting him off. Education and the stick is better than sweeping it under the carpet. It s a great thread as it shows most on here are decent types (even though they try the best not to show it) and also highlights the proper wronguns.
Why am I quoted here?

Why do you think its applicable in the UK?I have only ever seen us studies
I think the UK largely mirrors U.S society. It's the least racist country in Europe but there are still problems.
Here is a uk based article.
In Africa, Asia other places the skin whitening industry is huge.

Fair do’s but I don’t believe it’s either cutting him off or sweeping anything under the carpet.
It just seems as if it’s shoehorning a situation that isn’t relevant into an issue that doesn’t apply.

What do you mean "recruiters"?

"most people see black players as physical first."

You said, it... You did not attribute the sentiment to anyone else.

There's a reason someone would get shit for saying that... It's because it's unfounded bollocks.. A myth you're post happily perpetuates further (it's not like you were questioning the sentiment is it?).

Edit: Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol apologises for 'African' remark

Your reference is way off anyway...

Sagnol was the one perpetuating the racial sterotype about players... WDF you even talking about?????

It's not what I think, but it's true. I'm from France and most people think that blacks dominate most sports, which is why they have an advantage in the athletic world but a disadvantage in the corporate world. Griezman, who was seen as a sissy white boy as a teenager didn't have a lot of success in academies and most scouts didn't want to recruit him. They thought his body was going to be a massive disadvantage. It's how people think, unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom