Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most people judge a player based on his commitment, skill, and entertainment.

Sounds like you've gone a long way out of your way to be offended for a millionaire who is already adored by thousands of fans without even kicking a ball. That is quite the stretch. Well done! :D

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Blatant racism. Might as well have just called him a worthless Hemel Hempstead Honky waste of space. And you're actually just showing you don't understand football very well if you don't appreciate Winks' importance to the team.

I dislike racism and I also dislike people who go out looking for it. What an fucking awful thread to start after we've just signed a player and not even seen him play yet.

I'm not a great fan of this modern trend of perceiving slights on other peoples behalf...it's extremely condescending to assume what may or may not upset them and it's compounded by having the cheek to think that they need you to defend them too....
So best not say anything eh? Is a bit of misguided defending such a bad thing? And if you fail to say anything, is that better? Because if you choose to do, or say nothing, does that qualify you for the higher ground? That seems a cop out. Basically, what you’re advocating is to say and do nothing, because you want to look right on.

I might not be upset about something, but seeing people rallying to my defence, even if not necessary, or however clumsy - would give me good cheer.

Last edited:
What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.
So you're implying that people who aren't 'real' black, aren't black?

Wow.

giphy.gif

The only color that matters here is the Lilywhite of the shirt.
And the massive red AIA on the front for which sponsorship our club donates all the money to teenage cancer charities? Ha, we defiled that pure Lilywhite shirt years ago. It hasn’t looked like a Spurs shirt for years - everyone has got used to it, but that’s all that’s happened. We’ll put up with anything, but I accept your point was well meant.

Happy 4th of July btw. Fuck the British.

Last edited:
And the massive red AIA on the front for which sponsorship our club donates all the money to teenage cancer charities? Ha, we defiled that pure Lilywhite shirt years ago. It hasn’t looked like a Spurs shirt for years - everyone has got used to it, but that’s all that’s happened.

Jesus Joe - the term "Lilywhite" is symbolic not literal ... it means we all support the players "wearing the shirt" as in playing for our club regardless of race, creed or colour ... that's the problem with starting a blatantly racist thread it quite rightly just sets people off .....

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

The Sissoko/NDombele combination isn't fancied because, despite Ndombele (Black fella) being really good and intelligent, Sissoko's (also Black fella) not (good or intelligent). And just to emphasise this lack of racial motif, I also don't want Dier (big white honky) in there with Ndombele (jive mofo) either, because he's not a very good CM either.

Surely your theory that we are all rampant white supremacists falls down on the fact that everyone wants Ndombele (who is very much not white) in their midfield ?

That doesn't mean I don't think that racism isn't prevalent in some spheres of the footballing world (inc the UK, football media etc) but just that this particular theory is fucking daft.

Last edited:
Jesus Joe - the term "Lilywhite" is symbolic not literal ... it means we all support the players "wearing the shirt" as in playing for our club regardless of race, creed or colour ... that's the problem with starting a blatantly racist thread it quite rightly just sets people off .....
Yes, I understand that Bangkok. I was just making a small point. Once you dilute the ‘Lilywhite’ there’s a danger you dilute its meaning. That was my point. There’s no need to go off on one mate.

For an ideal to remain pure its symbol should remain pure also. With no embellishments on either side.

Last edited:
For moments I was afraid you remember that you don’t like me anymore ahaha all good joe
Nabs, I’ve always liked you. Just because we have the occasional tussle doesn’t change that. You know your stuff and that’s good enough for me.

I argue with my friends, who I love dearly, and we always part as friends in tears of laughter. If I ever met you I’d be proud to call you my friend as well.

Last edited:
Nabs, I’ve always liked you. Just because we have the occasional tussle doesn’t change that. You know your stuff and that’s good enough for me.

I argue with my friends, who I love dearly, and we always part as friends in tears of laughter. If I ever met you I’d be proud to call you my friend as well.
gay

I take back what I said in here, Case is a fucking visionary.

Shall we all chip.....what an utterly shit and embarrassing opening post to a thread

:defoe:

Back
Top Bottom