Racism in football - Ndombele and Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.

“Real black”

WTAF you fucking lunatic.

I think this is a classic example. We have signed Ndombele, who to me looks technically brilliant, has an eye for a pass (7 assists last year). Hes obviously a very intelligent player.

But the press will focus on his pace and power. Same with Pogba, the double p raises its ugly head.

The you have our player of the year Sissoko who has to take a back seat for Winks. Who has never been more than a bench player for Spurs when we have a full squad.

Why is the Sissoko Ndombele combination not fancied? Its because its perceived to have a lack of intelligence. You need to stick a white guy in there to get that.

It smacks of racism IMO. Maybe not the hardcore 1980s racism, but the tones are still present. Black people are strong and stupid.

What black player is praised for skill and awareness? I cant think of many? I mean real black, not lighter shades like Henry.
All that followed by 'lighter shades' means complete wind up or complete tool.

Its just people's choices for what will be the best partnership going forward. I think Sissoko will be an excellent partner to NDombele and also do well in a 3.

All this threads screams off is some cunt wanting attention! :dembelefingers:

Or purple for that matter. :troll:
You’ve got a fucking cheek. Moaning about racism while making a ‘yellow’ racist comment. Fuck me, half of you don’t even know you’re doing it it’s so ingrained. Is Sonny ‘yellow’? Jesus.

I see you’ve now deleted your post, but I quoted it and this is what I took offence to.

“Black, white, yellow.” If you’re not willing to stand by that comment, why did you delete it?

Last edited:
You’ve got a fucking cheek. Moaning about racism while making a ‘yellow’ racist comment. Fuck me, half of you don’t even know you’re doing it it’s so ingrained. Is Sonny ‘yellow’? Jesus.

I see you’ve now deleted your post, but I quoted it and this is what I took offence to.

“Black, white, yellow.” If you’re not willing to stand by that comment, why did you delete it?
Overreaction much.. Says a lot about you though that you think 'yellow' in that context is racist, absurd even.

Ignoring the race aspect of this post (and that’s most of it) to call Winks a bench player is insane. For me he only didn’t get player of the year because of the amount of games out injured. When injured our play and form also dropped big time.

And yes Winks compared to Sissoko is much more skilful, better at passing etc but that has sod all to do with race. Sissoko offers good power, running and also a great sense of positional awareness in a box to box role. They are different players.

If you can’t see how good a player Winks is and how lucky we are to have him then fuck me. Winks is our modern Carrick or Modric, you can almost judge a fans understanding of football if they can’t see how good and how important he is to our team in the way it functions. We don’t look or play the same without him.

Overreaction much.. Says a lot about you though that you think yellow in that context is racist.
Not really. You deleted the post so you realised you’d crossed a line. If you were happy to stand by it you wouldn’t have deleted it - and apparently that says a lot about me? Anyway, what’s the point. I can’t change you or anyone else. How can you delete a post and then argue for its merits? That’s weird. You crack on though.

So best not say anything eh? Is a bit of misguided defending such a bad thing? And if you fail to say anything, is that better? Because if you choose to do, or say nothing, does that qualify you for the higher ground? That seems a cop out. Basically, what you’re advocating is to say and do nothing, because you want to look right on.

I might not be upset about something, but seeing people rallying to my defence, even if not necessary, or however clumsy - would give me good cheer.
Yeah, for obvious insults this would be the path to follow....not for stuff that's obviously been imagined by someone and is easy to disprove.

He has a point.... my American friend said "now we have 2 big niggaz bossing the midfield" talking about Sissoko and Ndombele. I don't like that kinda language. Is he a racist? of course not, he's half-black himself. But it's funny most people see black players as physical first.

Some people think very odd things.

Making this the topic it should have been though: i fancy a Ndombele/Sissoko partnership, with one more player in there to make up a 433. Dont see Sissoko being sidelined at all.

wow i cant believe this thread has lasted 3 pages without being locked / deleted.

i remember watching a documentary by michael johnson that looked at why black runners dominate certain track events, looking at for example why only 1 white runner has done the 100m sub 10 seconds (9.99). essentially for the african-americans who do dominate - survival of the fittest seemed to be his point.

now there's nothing racist about being able to objectively say the fastest and most powerful sprinters are black, or the majority of dominant swimmers are white. but when you start saying things like "real black, not lighter shades" you simply show yourself up and display the way your racist mind works.

lets not bury our heads in the sand and pretend things aren't noticeable. but what i do find pretty staggering is this idea of 'more intelligent' players being brought into the conversation - then people to reply listing a few names of 'intelligent black players' like theres only a few you can think of?? find that pretty poor form.

for me, the op is stating his opinion and using the frequently criticised media as a scapegoat. sort your shit out, delete this thread, and re think how you view and respect people.

Back
Top Bottom