Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a notion and people will find it very hard to be honest about it or truly understand it but for a lot of people, being English is being white. I say that not to be inflammatory but to start a true debate.

Now I can expand on that and it goes way beyond some obvious thoughts but it is true.

A difficult comment to stomach and it does not in any way shape or form mean everyone who sees it like this is a racist but it is quite incontrovertible and it talks of a deep seated notion of what constitutes being English.

It is very very multi faceted so when we talk racism in football the first thing is to get rid of the 'in football' bit.

Last edited:
Yes lets use an ideology that killed more in the last century than anything in human history as a joke, even though she's openly admitted she is a Communist.. .

Imagine if I started using Fascism or Nazism as a joke and I supported either of those openly. Instant ban. No question and deservedly.

But yea', footballers don't think about BLM when they take the knee. Really, how do you know what they're thinking? I doubt they're humming The Internationale in those tiny brains of theirs so there is that
The internet is full of idiots . I think we all know that .
You can either choose to believe the footballers or not . That’s your prerogative. I choose to believe them

Can someone explain this thing about most of the posts being from abroad means? I don't understand why a racist in whatever country would bother with black England players, surely they have their own hate-fuelled fish to fry?

I don't understand the thing about them being automatically generated by bots either - how does that work? How do you programme a computer to send out a racist tweet when a black player misses a penalty or is perceived to have screwed up in some other way?

These are genuine questions by the way, I'm very ignorant of most social media platforms and the psychology of those that go mental on them...
Its something snowkarl snowkarl said to excuse the abuse, rather than question the fact I went with it and said even if true it doesn't mean it's not a problem here.

I agree with you but either way it's an issue within England.

Some dude on twitter.

"The tory party is Marxist or fascist or something" now its true
Hmm it used to be with woke culture "oh that's just mumsnet or twitter or happening miles away" and now it's just some dude on twitter, right?

You can't use these excuses any more pal. The entire western world has gone woke since Hillary made it her entire campaign and Pandora's box was opened.

Yes lets use an ideology that killed more in the last century than anything in human history as a joke, even though she's openly admitted she is a Communist.. .

Imagine if I started using Fascism or Nazism as a joke and I supported either of those openly. Instant ban. No question and deservedly.

But yea', footballers don't think about BLM when they take the knee. Really, how do you know what they're thinking? I doubt they're humming The Internationale in those tiny brains of theirs so there is that
They've told us what they are thinking, we don't need to guess.

The internet is full of idiots . I think we all know that .
You can either choose to believe the footballers or not . That’s your prerogative. I choose to believe them
Are you listening? Clearly not. I couldn't give a damn what they take the knee for do you understand? The movement is divisive and it perpetuates more division and as I said will create more bigorty through this obsession with racial counciousness.

Comprende?

Hmm it used to be with woke culture "oh that's just mumsnet or twitter or happening miles away" and now it's just some dude on twitter, right?

You can't use these excuses any more pal. The entire western world has gone woke since Hillary made it her entire campaign and Pandora's box was opened.
We have the players who have asked take the knee explaining why they are doing it but your proof they are lying is a communist on twitter. Come on, seriously.

We have the players who have asked take the knee explaining why they are doing it but your proof they are lying is a communist on twitter. Come on, seriously.
How am I saying they are lying, what on earth are you talking about?

And she's prominant figure in leftwing circles in the mainstream media in the UK. She also writes for the Guardian as do many other commies. Imagine actual nazis writing for that rag the Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom