Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what other sports/sportsmen/women receive via Social media in terms of abuse but Football is the highest-profile sport on the Planet, if the sport actually did something pro-active for a change (like adopting this initiative simultaneously) then it would stop at Football, others will join in, then famous personalities etc., etc...

It's actually what I found interesting about Jordan Henderson's initiative, I've never heard of that charity before but its focus is actually on helping ordinary people (non-famous) deal with online abuse.

But hey, just like the suffragette's in the early 1900s, what they are doing is just a token gesture. Twats!

You clearly don't understand how things work online. Every attempt to talk about a serious issue is virtue signalling. Every statement of anger against racial abuse is just you being triggered. Every idea to try and take steps - no matter how small - to tackle the issue is nonsensical because it clearly won't work. Any concrete action against the problem is just a token gesture. Any famous person who wants to talk about the problem is just an egotistical self-serving d!ck. Get with the times, my friend.

2nd time you've posted that and without explanation, or expansion on who and what you are referencing, even when asked directly for you to do so.

Why be so bizarre and confrontational in a matter of anti-racism? I guess we'll just have to draw our own conclusions as you bottle the opportunity for clarity by only continuing to post for provocation.
If you don't agree with Guido you're a twat apparently 😂😂😂, draw your own conclusions all you like they are most probably wrong.

You clearly don't understand how things work online. Every attempt to talk about a serious issue is virtue signalling. Every statement of anger against racial abuse is just you being triggered. Every idea to try and take steps - no matter how small - to tackle the issue is nonsensical because it clearly won't work. Any concrete action against the problem is just a token gesture. Any famous person who wants to talk about the problem is just an egotistical self-serving d!ck. Get with the times, my friend.
It's almost funny by those that do it, were it not for the subject matter.

What is extremely helpful is they reveal just enough for the assumptions to be formed, but never enough for conclusions to be drawn. It's fucking odd to be so opaque on such issues.

It's almost funny by those that do it, were it not for the subject matter.

What is extremely helpful is they reveal just enough for the assumptions to be formed, but never enough for conclusions to be drawn. It's fucking odd to be so opaque on such issues.

But they're so reasonable and easy to engage with.

Normal person: Lets end racism and inequality between the races.

Them: You virtue-signalling, token gesturing, woke, triggered, egotistical mother*****s

Normal person:
The Office Reaction GIF

There appears to be no ambiguity in my posts and more importantly in my openness with explanations on where I stand.

This categorically isn't the case for you, who ignore the opportunity for further explanation when asked to do so (twice now).

Like I said, keep posting, with every opaque post you make a jigsaw puzzle is slowly pieced together by those reading them. Whether the face on that puzzle is ever truly exposed is doubtful, but your determination to object to, diminish and deliberately provoke within this topic will lead to many forming their own bias by the way you choose to interact.

So crack on.

Keep posting, whilst not actually saying much about what it is that you feel. Just the bare minimum to be provocative but not enough to be intellectually be taken seriously.
Ironic coming from someone with a username which is an offensive term for American Italians

There appears to be no ambiguity in my posts and more importantly in my openness with explanations on where I stand.

This categorically isn't the case for you, who ignore the opportunity for further explanation when asked to do so (twice now).

Like I said, keep posting, with every opaque post you make a jigsaw puzzle is slowly pieced together by those reading them. Whether the face on that puzzle is ever truly exposed is doubtful, but your determination to object to, diminish and deliberately provoke within this topic will lead to many forming their own bias by the way you choose to interact.

So crack on.
Who cares

So drone on.

Football is becoming a chore for me with José draining the love out of my club add VAR and this hateful bile being spouted. No fun or enjoyment in it. Twitter is a disgrace.

Well it’s the internet, I’ve seen worse, guys trust me. Lots of fucked in the head, bitter individuals on this planet, so it doesn’t surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom