Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it say that?

I’m sure that it would have been posted on here now if there was any evidence

And if it did say that what evidence is there as to who actually sprayed it?

If it was Tommy Robinson or equivalent etc then fair enough
Do you not belive the police when they say it was racially motivated?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was Russian bots FFS! .......WAKE UP! :harrysmile:
They have bots spraying walls with graffiti from underground like in Demolition Man! It's a conspiracy!

tumblr_pmohnmc1tR1v4u49oo1_400.gifv

I find it hard to believe the majority of those comments would have been made by people living in the UK - surely Instagram can check that? Always thought the UK was one of the most racially diverse and inclusive countries - so this is very sad after a tournament which can only be viewed as a major sucess

I find it hard to believe the majority of those comments would have been made by people living in the UK - surely Instagram can check that? Always thought the UK was one of the most racially diverse and inclusive countries - so this is very sad after a tournament which can only be viewed as a major subsea
It's still only a small minority of people mate compared to the general population but social media amplifies their voices, that's the issue.

I don't find it hard to believe, even the most diverse and inclusive of countries have their fair share of racists and when you have a racist in charge of the country it just emboldens them.

It's just all the time though mate, and its losing its impact.

This tournament was largely great, it brought people together in the right way.

But yet all I'm seeing is people talk about a few morons and the overall positivity of people coming together under the flag regardless of our differences is being lost.

It just feels like certain cynical people are back to sowing division again, its really sad.
I don't think it is losing it's impact mate at all, if anything I think it's having a huge impact and it's making people very uncomfortable.

I agree with you about the tournament and I do think people really focus on the negatives in life (hence why the news never runs positive stories because they know negativity gets clicks, it's the human condition, for some reason we seem to hunt for those kind of headlines.)

I don't think it's cynical people, I just think we live in a more connected world than ever before and it's almost impossible to avoid seeing this stuff if you're online now, personally the more racists that get outed the better imo.

E6LyCzJWUAMteyW

All these wanky "virtue signalers" just look at them, so many of them "projecting" all their whatever they are supposed to be "projecting" at blah, blah they've had to close the road.

tenor.gif

Fair fucks to them for taking the time to go down there and show their support for Rashford, respect to all of them. That actually takes some personal effort so I wouldn't call that virtue signalling, we all know what virtue signalling is and that's not it.

An example of hollow virtue signalling is Disney posting a rainbow flag and a BLM banner on their twatter feed and then omitting John Boyega's face from the Star Wars poster that went out in China. We all recognise it when we see it. It comes with all the authenticity of a used car salesman.

This also surely proves my point that this country isn't the cesspit full of racists being portrayed in the media every 20 seconds for the past 2 and a bit days?

However, it won't stop the few idiots from posting on twitter or defacing Rashfords mural though.

Anymore than if we all came together in a circle to sing Kumbaya that would suddenly end murder, rape, theft or any of the other principle sins that come with the human condition.

I applaud them none the less.

An image was posted a few posts up from here. Make of it what you will. Not sure why it needs to be Tommy Robinson for it to be a bad thing.
BREAKING NEWS!!

Baz has been sent in to become the key member of the Manchester Police crack "decipher unit force" (known as DUFf) to help break the code.

KH-COMPOSITE-FRENCH-STONE-V3.jpg

The work he did with helping the British Museum in deciphering the Rosetta Stone the police hope he can help them catch their man.

I maybe be totally wrong but I think the graffiti probably said with the “ will play …. Shite in a Euro” and then someone or maybe the same person sprayed the offensive wording, as it makes no sense as it appears now , not that vandalising makes much sense anyway .

you’d think there’d be a cctv camera somewhere as they’re pretty much everywhere

Also, whilst I said I avoid politics, I just want to clear up why I feel like Boris is like Donald Trump, it's more than "orange man bad" it's a record of evidence showing his racist, sexist and homophobic behavior which people CHOOSE to ignore.

Again, this isn't an indication of my political "side" if this was a leader from any of the other parties I would also be condeming them the EXACT same way.

I don't think it is losing it's impact mate at all, if anything I think it's having a huge impact and it's making people very uncomfortable.

I agree with you about the tournament and I do think people really focus on the negatives in life (hence why the news never runs positive stories because they know negativity gets clicks, it's the human condition, for some reason we seem to hunt for those kind of headlines.)

I don't think it's cynical people, I just think we live in a more connected world than ever before and it's almost impossible to avoid seeing this stuff if you're online now, personally the more racists that get outed the better imo.
What you have just said there about living in a connected world and it being impossible to avoid seeing this stuff illustrates my entire point.

I haven't seen any positivity at all since the final whistle of the Euro's, its just endless articles about a few racist idiots.

It doesn't portray the majority and doesn't paint a fair picture of this country and its people.

I don't think this stuff is mean't to heal wounds or bring people together, I think its a cynical play to keep people divide where they are easier to control.

I mean there are still murderers and rapists in the world but the whole news media doesn't stop for 2-3 days when somebody dies to vilify the entire country over the actions of one psycho does it? that would be ludicrous.

cannot understand people doubting the racism in the Rashford Grafitti, someone has defaced the mural after he missed a penalty, the police say it was racist . Are people asking us to to believe it just said “shocking miss Marcus” . Makes one ashamed to be English

What you have just said there about living in a connected world and it being impossible to avoid seeing this stuff illustrates my entire point.

I haven't seen any positivity at all since the final whistle of the Euro's, its just endless articles about a few racist idiots.

It doesn't portray the majority and doesn't paint a fair picture of this country and its people.

I don't think this stuff is mean't to heal wounds or bring people together, I think its a cynical play to keep people divide where they are easier to control.

I mean there are still murderers and rapists in the world but the whole news media doesn't stop for 2-3 days when somebody dies to vilify the entire country over the actions of one psycho does it? that would be ludicrous.

It's not just the racist tweets though..... It's the Rashford mural..... The 'break-in' to the stadium.... The thuggery experienced by a number of Danes..... The general trashing of numerous town centres and fighting with the local police..... Sadly, that's the postcard our 'supporters' sent from the Euros (to the nation and the rest of the world).

Even then..... There's articles and reports all over the shop about 'Gary's Heroes'...... To suggest that there isn't a degree of balance is simply dishonest.

Lol it's not 'woke' to not be a racist. It's normal. No-one is born a racist.

Oh I don't know if that is actually correct.
Which bit?
I suspect some people are born racist.

You see it's by dint of their parentage.
I agree that some may be born into racism but no-one is racist when they're born.
Of COURSE no one is "born racist" .... to date, there have been NO racist babies recorded!

However, the racist cunts who shove their racist spunk into their partners (who may or may not also be racist), and then TEACH their wholly undeserved babies to BECOME racist, are a different matter....

THEY need to have their balls cut off before they can do any more damage to the world!

Fair fucks to them for taking the time to go down there and show their support for Rashford, respect to all of them. That actually takes some personal effort so I wouldn't call that virtue signalling, we all know what virtue signalling is and that's not it.

An example of hollow virtue signalling is Disney posting a rainbow flag and a BLM banner on their twatter feed and then omitting John Boyega's face from the Star Wars poster that went out in China. We all recognise it when we see it. It comes with all the authenticity of a used car salesman.

This also surely proves my point that this country isn't the cesspit full of racists being portrayed in the media every 20 seconds for the past 2 and a bit days?

However, it won't stop the few idiots from posting on twitter or defacing Rashfords mural though.

Anymore than if we all came together in a circle to sing Kumbaya that would suddenly end murder, rape, theft or any of the other principle sins that come with the human condition.

I applaud them none the less.
I genuinely have NO idea what it means, I had to google it. Turns out it's a new term, only been around for a couple of years so forgive me for not being up to speed with its so-called meaning.

Reading its definition given in a number of places following my google search I am genuinely still don't get it, or at least for what I think is the most part those using it haven't got a fucking clue. They've seen it used online in an argument and think it all incredibly intellectual so they just spew it out of their trap leaving most scratching their head about what the fuck are they talking about.

It's certainly the buzz phrase of the moment that seems to be adopted by those with intent to show displeasure or annoyance at anyone they think is being disingenuous with a take supporting people who have received racial abuse or inequality.

Should be added to this forum's bullshit bingo list of words it's a surefire banker seeing as it's used so frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom