Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eytwz0nXMAMQmVH

Eytwz0nWQAIxvMp

EytUMTlWUAEteF3

EytUMTrWEAAM2lK

EytUMUuWUAAqnvu

EytUMUtXIA48B9g

Im not on twitter but what ive seen lately is a lot of anomynous accounts racially abusing players but ive seen a lot of sons abuse from proper accounts eith the posters profile pic.surel the police can tackle this now no??

This is just getting insanely out of hand now.
Always been there, always been like this. It's just that more and more people feel brave enough to do something about it and report it. More and more people have understood what racism actually is and taken the time to realise that they might have said such things or laughing at almost identical comments in a much-loved comedy programme screened and watched on the TV. Or have been sat on their hands when they've witnessed it.

You can be critical of how Levy runs the club, but there is 0 reason to bring his religion or ethnicity into it.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Its interesting that the more racism becomes a societal 'issue' the more trolls see it as fuel to personally attack and undermine a player. Not saying we ignore it, but until the conversation gets more nuanced, we will be stuck at square one. Or worse.

This was where I meant to post this.

don't know where to put this and I'm a bit busy to start a thread. The four day media boycott that I presume Spurs will be part against racism and on line abuse? For or agin?

Also I am the co director of a company and I'm trying to decide if we should be part of it as a show of solidarity? I certainly think the social media companies owe society a good deal more regards social responsibility. Like to here some considerd opinions from the decent contributors.

don't know where to put this and I'm a bit busy to start a thread. The four day media boycott that I presume Spurs will be part against racism and on line abuse? For or agin?

Also I am the co director of a company and I'm trying to decide if we should be part of it as a show of solidarity? I certainly think the social media companies owe society a good deal more regards social responsibility. Like to here some considerd opinions from the decent contributors.
Rugby and Cricket are also joining the boycott.

I think you should join it. I think most if not all companies should join it to be honest. Less accounts posting, less traffic, less revenue, etc, etc.

It's a good idea.

Just get on it mate.

I've no idea whether it's enough, whether it needs to for a week, a month, 3 months! But we'll never know if no one does it.

The aspects that I think are pertinent are that it should reduce the traffic across their platforms, reduce traffic means fewer impressions and interactions, it's this that they use to monetize.

The only advice I would give is to be clear as to communicate what the action is and why you are doing it, with the aim to motivate others to also follow suit, not everyone follows sport but may still experience concerns with Social Media companies lack of action against any forms of discrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom