Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole narrative has been that these are England fans and we don't deserve to host competitions etc. Or maybe you're not bothered by the truth as long as there's racism somewhere.

If these are bots, its potentially one person generating thousands of comment, which is a very different proposition to thousand of people making individual comments.
Or maybe it's a mixture of the two.

No we’re arguing whether there was any racist abuse on Rashford’s mural

No evidence that there was any
Like I say, I saw the unfiltered pic and I'm pretty sure it made reference to his colour...although it was unclear and I suppose I could be wrong but I gave it a decent look so I'm pretty sure.

The whole narrative has been that these are England fans and we don't deserve to host competitions etc. Or maybe you're not bothered by the truth as long as there's racism somewhere.

If these are bots, its potentially one person generating thousands of comment, which is a very different proposition to thousand of people making individual comments.
Who's narrative are you raging against?

You seem to be getting so bogged down into wanky details it's blowing your brains.

What happened at Wembley and scenes elsewhere in the capital and Country:
a) Racist abuse
b) Bunking into the stadium
c) Intimidation
d) fighting
e) Poor Policing
f) Poor stewarding
g) Blah, blah etc etc

This will probably result in us not winning a bid for the future Wold Cup (although let's be honest if UEFA can choose Russia and Qatar I doubt that the above holds a lot of water in their actual decision-making process). Whilst I would love us to host a World Cup (I am a football fan), after what we saw the other day we really don't deserve one, I've had enough of being shamed by this low-life filth.

My best mate was at Wembley the other day, with his Son and Grandson (6yrs old), he sent me a video of all of them signing just before kick-off, all wearing England shirts from over the years. By halftime, he was standing in the gangway having been racially abused and physically removed from his seat by about 20 ticketless racist cunts. He left 10 mins later.

I spoke yesterday to another guy I know well (not a close friend) who was also at Wembley, he has a non-Anglo Saxon Surname he has it printed on his England shirt he wore to the game, he was racially abused, he was subjected to anti-Semitic abuse (he's not Jewish) and told to go back to where he came from, whilst they (about 15 men) stole his phone and ticket as he made his way to his seat.

Would you like to tell them to their faces that this didn't happen, that these were bots. Fuck off!!

So, there are many things and play here:
1. The poorly organised and policed game (apparently the other Wembley games weren't a lot better)
2. A very large contingent of lawlessness from the English fans
3. Racist abuse
4. Abuse
5. Intimidation

The above was just present at the game. Then there's:
1. Racist abuse dished out online to English players
2. Racist abuse dished out to Mbappe following his pen miss (I believe other players have also report racist abuse that they have received too)
3. This has been going on for years now
4. As has racist abuse directed directly at players from the stands

Now I wasn't going to engage with you because you bottled answering every single question I put to you yesterday, despite me having the courtesy of answering your question put to me 3 times in a row. But I'm not going to refuse an invitation to laugh at your utter nonsense.

Are you denying racism because you are racist?

How am i ignoring it by discussing it?

And it seemed to have a border yesterday didn't it, until the evil far right on here pointed out most of the abuse was probably from outside England which all you moral crusaders were arguing against. Now it appears to be the case but the excuse is vpns. Well what if people outside of England used vpns for England so most those aren't even English anyway, and since when do you lefties generally care about problems outside of Europe anyway?

Do me a favour. Move the goalposts and suddenly the whole world needs to be held accountable. And this isn't even about the truth, it's about power. Brexit happened and you're all desperate to find the racists.
Do try to respect a poster by at least having the decency to answer the question put to you. This isn't fucking BBC Question Time, your anonymous poster on the internet, no one is voting for you.
Why does it matter where the racist abuse comes from?

I'm not a lefty. I've made no political persuasions be that right or left in any of my posts, so please drop this utter drivel, I and a number of other posters (far more eloquently put than me I might add) categorically stated this over the past pages, please stop making this a party political broadcast. If you want to talk politics I believe there's I thread in this place somewhere (I've never visited it, but instinct tells me it's a place you know well, perhaps you have your very own soapbox your take along, a welcome change from standing on it in front of your bedroom mirror).

I don't give a fuck about VPN's, if the abuse came from Azerbaijan or Saudi Arabia or if it comes from the keyboard of an ill-informed 12yr olds bedroom from an Old Trafford housing estate. I care about trying to promote an anti-racist environment, so my kids and their kids, my mates and their mates don't have to experience it.

So please fuck off with your political soapbox and off you trot to your bedroom mirror, there's much practising to do.

But not in this instance

Challenge it where it actually exists and I’ll agree with you
Why don't you think it does exist in this instance? A black player's mural was defaced with some nasty shite (pretty sure, having seen it, it was mentioning ethnicity) after he misses a penalty. 2 others had racist insults and emojis posted on their social media so that's racism right?

I didn't see any monkey emojis on like Shaw's insta. I didn't see any Harry kane murals defaced.
I didn't see mason mount being told to go 'back to his own country'

I'm sure the last 3 I mentioned received some abuse from shitbags on Twitter etc but none of it racially motivated. I'm sure rashford and Sancho and saka got some abuse for taking shit pens and that's no different to what you might expect to see when any footballer has a shite game but they should NEVER receive abuse based on their ethnicity: that's cuntish and abhorrent whichever way you look at it.

Do try to respect a poster by at least having the decency to answer the question put to you. This isn't fucking BBC Question Time, your anonymous poster on the internet, no one is voting for you.

I'm not a lefty. I've made no political persuasions be that right or left in any of my posts, so please drop this utter drivel, I and a number of other posters (far more eloquently put than me I might add) categorically stated this over the past pages, please stop making this a party political broadcast. If you want to talk politics I believe there's I thread in this place somewhere (I've never visited it, but instinct tells me it's a place you know well, perhaps you have your very own soapbox your take along, a welcome change from standing on it in front of your bedroom mirror).

I don't give a fuck about VPN's, if the abuse came from Azerbaijan or Saudi Arabia or if it comes from the keyboard of an ill-informed 12yr olds bedroom from an Old Trafford housing estate. I care about trying to promote an anti-racist environment, so my kids and their kids, my mates and their mates don't have to experience it.

So please fuck off with your political soapbox and off you trot to your bedroom mirror, there's much practising to do.
Yep. Racism is shite in all its forms, no matter where it comes from and who it is directed towards.

Respect? LOL

It matters because yesterday people were practically rejoicing in the fact there were loads of racists in England. Brexit was mentioned and the alleged white supremacist legacy of England was referred to. So calm down and own that fact for once. Many of you were wrong, so sorry about that. Why not own that rather than moving the goalposts?

And you're the one's grandstanding about the whole thing, so look in your own mirror thanks very much.

Respect? LOL

It matters because yesterday people were practically rejoicing in the fact there were loads of racists in England. Brexit was mentioned and the alleged white supremacist legacy of England was referred to. So calm down and own that fact for once. Many of you were wrong, so sorry about that. Why not own that rather than moving the goalposts?

And you're the one's grandstanding about the whole thing, so look in your own mirror thanks very much.
Says the guy who hasn't been in England in years. Yet knows all about it's current state.

Respect? LOL

I'm not nor have I ever differentiated where the racist abuse comes from. I'm concerned that it exists, that's all I've ever commented on. So, for the THIRD time, answer the fucking question!!!! Answer it from me as someone that doesn't differentiate nor has even attempted to differentiate where it comes from.

Why does it matter where the racist abuse is coming from?

I've not moved any goalposts. I am anti-racist I don't differentiate where abuse comes from, by what colour of the skin doing it, from what religious background.

NOW fuck off with your political soapbox to the political thread.

Who's narrative are you raging against?

You seem to be getting so bogged down into wanky details it's blowing your brains.

What happened at Wembley and scenes elsewhere in the capital and Country:
a) Racist abuse
b) Bunking into the stadium
c) Intimidation
d) fighting
e) Poor Policing
f) Poor stewarding
g) Blah, blah etc etc

This will probably result in us not winning a bid for the future Wold Cup (although let's be honest if UEFA can choose Russia and Qatar I doubt that the above holds a lot of water in their actual decision-making process). Whilst I would love us to host a World Cup (I am a football fan), after what we saw the other day we really don't deserve one, I've had enough of being shamed by this low-life filth.

My best mate was at Wembley the other day, with his Son and Grandson (6yrs old), he sent me a video of all of them signing just before kick-off, all wearing England shirts from over the years. By halftime, he was standing in the gangway having been racially abused and physically removed from his seat by about 20 ticketless racist cunts. He left 10 mins later.

I spoke yesterday to another guy I know well (not a close friend) who was also at Wembley, he has a non-Anglo Saxon Surname he has it printed on his England shirt he wore to the game, he was racially abused, he was subjected to anti-Semitic abuse (he's not Jewish) and told to go back to where he came from, whilst they (about 15 men) stole his phone and ticket as he made his way to his seat.

Would you like to tell them to their faces that this didn't happen, that these were bots. Fuck off!!

So, there are many things and play here:
1. The poorly organised and policed game (apparently the other Wembley games weren't a lot better)
2. A very large contingent of lawlessness from the English fans
3. Racist abuse
4. Abuse
5. Intimidation

The above was just present at the game. Then there's:
1. Racist abuse dished out online to English players
2. Racist abuse dished out to Mbappe following his pen miss (I believe other players have also report racist abuse that they have received too)
3. This has been going on for years now
4. As has racist abuse directed directly at players from the stands

Now I wasn't going to engage with you because you bottled answering every single question I put to you yesterday, despite me having the courtesy of answering your question put to me 3 times in a row. But I'm not going to refuse an invitation to laugh at your utter nonsense.

Are you denying racism because you are racist?
Amazing how so many of your friends got those tickets so easily for such a game so difficult to attend, coincidently got racially abused which nobody else i've seen report such a story, and you then tell us all this the day after you all lost an argument about who did the online abuse. It's incredinle really.

Last edited:
I'm not nor have I ever differentiated where the racist abuse comes from. I'm concerned that it exists, that's all I've ever commented on. So, for the THIRD time, answer the fucking question!!!! Answer it from me as someone that doesn't differentiate nor has even attempted to differentiate where it comes from.

Why does it matter where the racist abuse is coming from?

I've not moved any goalposts. I am anti-racist I don't differentiate where abuse comes from, by what colour of the skin doing it, from what religious background.

NOW fuck off with your political soapbox to the political thread.
Me me me. There's a bigger conversation going on here beyond you ya know, and it was based entirely yesterday about England fans being racist.

That's why it matters. Which I already said for heavens sake.

Well shoots down the narrative that we are living in a cess pit full of racists and leaves it a smoking wreck doesn't it?

So with 5 people posting racist tweets and the 1-2 idiots that defaced the Rashford mural we are talking about less than 10 individuals in a country of over 70 million....

Racism isn't nice, but mountains out of molehills.

What's the motive here people? Whichever side of the debate you fall on, open your eyes and use your heads this is all about sowing division and keeping people apart NOT bringing them together.

Amazing how so many of your friends got those tickets so easily for such a game so difficult to attend, coincidently got racially abused which nobody else i've seen report such a story, and you then tell us all this the day after you all lost an argument about who did the online abuse. It's incredinle really.
This post is a mess. Have you been drinking?

You lot are getting battered from pillar to post. Just deny deny deny.

You didn't even speak out against the abuse Sonny received, because you denied that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom