Racism - it’s not just a foreign thing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sickening to see.

But in terms of comparing perception of nations... Doesn't that make you wish we had walked off last week and actually set a precident at that level now?

The record will imply that somehow our racism issues are 'worse' cos they walked off but England didn't... Let's face it, that shit show in Bulgaria was part of an organised racist movement (t-shirts... All sectioned up together), not some ad-hoc ignorance from the terraces.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing the point of the thread title a bit, but yeh, fucking sucks!

I see Carragher has come out and apologised for wearing a t shirt supporting the confirmed racist Luis Suarez.

I have been saying for years that Liverpool is a racist club. Their response to that particular episode confirmed their status as a racist institution. They endorsed the racist by actively protecting his reputation and by not sacking him the condoned racism.

Even on here, a hot bed of anti Dipper sentiment, I have been chastised for saying Liverpool is one of English football's racist clubs.

I see Carragher has come out and apologised for wearing a t shirt supporting the confirmed racist Luis Suarez.

I have been saying for years that Liverpool is a racist club. Their response to that particular episode confirmed their status as a racist institution. They endorsed the racist by actively protecting his reputation and by not sacking him the condoned racism.

Even on here, a hot bed of anti Dipper sentiment, I have been chastised for saying Liverpool is one of English football's racist clubs.
I used to work with a guy who followed Birmingham home and away in the 80s he said at that time it was mostly Chelsea and West Ham that were tagged as having the most racist fans with all the right wing/NF links but he said Everton and Liverpool were by far the worst.
Long time ago but I have no idea if this is accurate ?

...but he said Everton and Liverpool were by far the worst.
Didn't Everton 'famously' not have a black player until they signed Daniel Amokachi the mid-'90s...?

Just checked... it's ok Racism fans, they 'had one' in 1975.... a full 19 years before Amokachi!!

Didn't Everton 'famously' not have a black player until they signed Daniel Amokachi the mid-'90s...?

Just checked... it's ok Racism fans, they 'had one' in 1975.... a full 19 years before Amokachi!!
Without checking, I think John Barnes might have been only the second or third black player Liverpool signed.

I used to work with a guy who followed Birmingham home and away in the 80s he said at that time it was mostly Chelsea and West Ham that were tagged as having the most racist fans with all the right wing/NF links but he said Everton and Liverpool were by far the worst.

Yes they were.

Our very own Norman Jay writes in a Spurs book (can’t remember which one) how bad it was up there.

It cracks me up when you hear about Liverpool and how it’s a liberal anti facist City, that’s absolute bollocks

Thought I'd put this in here as it suited things. When someone is actually racially abused this would be a great sign of union without the a team facing sanctions with forfeiting games by walking off. Time to take a stand even if UEFA or FIFA won't.

Solidarity for all of our brothers and sisters of the world. Football is a beautiful sport because it can stand for so much more. Not sure what the abuse directed towards the Hoffenheim owner was, but abuse is abuse and if it's really poor taste should clubs think about doing this kind of thing to help turn the tide?

Back
Top Bottom