Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
The transfers we have made are great IMO, there’s just not enough of them. Romero looks promising and Gil actually looks like a decent player. We’ve invested in the future with him and Sarr. Gollini also looks like a good keeper. Much better than Hart.

Still short in couple of positions (ST, CAM and RB). If none of those are improved on today or tomorrow then it’s been a ’meh’ window.

4/10.

Still heavily reliant on both Kane and Son for goals and assists.

Maybe the defence will be slightly better than last two seasons but we can't win every game 1-0!

Highest prices in Europe but spend less than Leicester and West Ham.

If nothing changes then a 4 from me

I suspect the great start to the season is going to cloud a lot of people's judgement but if you look at it rationally it just hasn't been good enough and we are going to struggle over the course of the season

Especially if we are unlucky with injuries, no back up to Kane is bordering on criminal

Think I'll wait until the deadline has passed. Give Levy the chance he deserves to invest some of our wealth in the football team for once and prove the doubters wrong.
This time last year most people rated our window 8 or 9, with a couple of loons even going 10 / 10 :hugoshock:

In truth, it was a shocker that saw us slip even further away from the top four

I'll give credit to Daniel Levy for not bending over and spreading his cheeks for Man City. I've already emailed him my support and approval on that matter

But with Nuno cobbling 3 wins together to have us top of the table, it's time for the owners to show faith in the man they appointed with the financial support he needs and the fans deserve.

Find that cheque book Levy, blow the cobwebs off, and back your fucking manager

Last edited:
Goat says....

We've heard from several sources now that things were progressing nicely until Levy got involved.
  • Refused to sanction the Traore deal (with the only offer we made being insultingly low).
  • Is adamant that we're creating enough chances and have enough attackers as it is.
  • Refuses to consider moving on Bergwijn to free up space/finances.
Tensions are high right now and that might mean he caves in the final few hours but I think we're all expecting it to be over and no one's happy about it.
Not sure i believe a word of ITK bollocks but there is a reason Paul Mitchell walked after 20 months, that Poch looked beaten down the last 12 months, that all of Hoddle, Ramos and AVB stated they were let down after promises were made and even Mourinho, who i'm most definately not a fan of, looked like he couldn't be arsed after a few months. As ever...one common denominator. I'd be stunned if Paratici sees out his 3 year contract.

I like what they are doing.
We are putting together a new group all in the 20-25 year age band that can be the core of the side for the next 5 years without giving up the key first team players.

Looks like no more. OK then a 5/10 for me.

In some parts brilliant. Gil, Romero, Royal and our signing for next season Sarr look like the basis of a great future.

However not replacing Vinnie/Bale and perhaps being short 1 or 2 in midfield means it’s going to be hard, very very hard to realistically get top 4 even with the good start considering the squads City, Chelsea, Liverpool and United have.

felt more like a window for the next 5 years and less so for this season. Hard to rate this window as the word average isn’t appropriate, brilliant and disappointing would be my view.

Absolute 10/10 for hiring Paratici and Nuno.

Credit to Paratici for bringing in Serie A best cb and La Liga best rb, after Levy told him to sort of our shit defence.

Credit to Nuno for turning our shit defence into the best in the Premier League, without actually using any of Paratici's talented recruits.

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
With barely a day to go - time to re-evaluate Levy and Paratici's actions in a summer of false promises and embarrassing loan bids

Poll allows for change of vote as we only wrap up tomorrow

I will reserve my final vote until then (currently a 4)

Last edited:
At the moment 5. Quite like what we've done but we just haven't done enough of it. We're still at least 3 players short and Aurier, Doherty, Winks, CCV, Ndombele still here. Can only really judge in 30 hours or so, hopefully we'll do enough to push that up to a 7 or 8 but wouldn't bank on it.

Not having a Kane-shaped hole in the squad, filled by an inexperienced player who needs time to settle, is underestimated. Add in positive young signing which signals Spurs going back to what we used to do so well pre-poch, and this ranks as a pretty decent window.

The squad has some issues. CM, CF, and CB. But there is potential in the players we already have. A lot will of course judge in hindsight. If Sanchez crumbles, Ndombele doesn't turn up, or Kane gets injured, posters will be rooting around their sheds for a pitchfork.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom