Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
I said 4 and that is likely being very generous.

We needed CBx2, RB, RW, CM, AM, back-up striker. We have filled one of those needs. We had deadwood in Aurier, Sissoko, Dier, Winks, Doherty, Lamela, Sanchez. We have moved on 2 of those.

We have not come close to addressing our needs, still have way too much of our deadwood, many of whom still play for the first team which is ridiculous.

Not good enough thus far. No back-up striker, no Bale replacement, only one CB bought, still need a RB...and no actual money invested.

Last edited:
Kinda two ways to look at it. One as a business matter and one as a scouting matter.

Scouting-wise we don’t and can’t know yet. If Gil and Romero and Sarr become great players, very little else matters.

But as business it’s deeply underwhelming, especially if we can’t make this Aurier-for-Emerson swap.

At the moment 5. Quite like what we've done but we just haven't done enough of it. We're still at least 3 players short and Aurier, Doherty, Winks, CCV, Ndombele still here. Can only really judge in 30 hours or so, hopefully we'll do enough to push that up to a 7 or 8 but wouldn't bank on it.

At a 4 now - it goes to a 5 assuming Emerson in and Aurier/Doherty out comes off. If Paratici gets a ST or Midfielder it goes to a 7. It goes to 8 if they do both.

Good. Given how we’re doing, the renewed energy Nuno, his staff and Paratici have generated, the arrival of Bryan and Romero and how the Kane saga was handled then it’s been alright.

My one concern is the lack of a backup striker. I’ve read time and again that Scarlett’s the second coming and I haven’t seen a minute that suggests that. Not to say he wont be, but, right this moment, we need more experienced legs to cover Harry.

Currently - 5 some really talented young players in making us good for the future but clear holes up front and middle.

If we get Royal and Adama I will lift it to an 8. While not everything is done we are on our way

for a 10 out of 10 I would want a CM and CF as well although that will require moving Ndombele as well.

I think the window like last seasons window has to be put into context. We are still to some degree making up for the windows of 2-3 years ago and so we need to do more relatively speaking than we would otherwise.

Kinda two ways to look at it. One as a business matter and one as a scouting matter.

Scouting-wise we don’t and can’t know yet. If Gil and Romero and Sarr become great players, very little else matters.

But as business it’s deeply underwhelming, especially if we can’t make this Aurier-for-Emerson swap.
That's exactly not the way it should be looked at.
We got 2 prospects that have all the skill and talent to become world class players, and we paid a considerable amount of money for these unfinished products. It's a big step up from buying Clarke and praying for a miracle to happen, as he probably won't be good enough to be a starter for us.
They can flop, obviously. But buying 10 Gil like prospects and seeing them all fail is still better than buying one Clarke who then shocks the world and becomes 100m player. You can't foresee the future, but you can rate the effort in making the future as bright as possible.
Effortwise, it's a decent window. -5 for no backup striker though.

If the Emerson rumours are true I would likely boost it up to a 5 which still seems very high based on the lack of addressing needs.

Think I'll wait until the deadline has passed. Give Levy the chance he deserves to invest some of our wealth in the football team for once and prove the doubters wrong.
This time last year most people rated our window 8 or 9, with a couple of loons even going 10 / 10 :hugoshock:

In truth, it was a shocker that saw us slip even further away from the top four

I'll give credit to Daniel Levy for not bending over and spreading his cheeks for Man City. I've already emailed him my support and approval on that matter

But with Nuno cobbling 3 wins together to have us top of the table, it's time for the owners to show faith in the man they appointed with the financial support he needs and the fans deserve.

Find that cheque book Levy, blow the cobwebs off, and back your fucking manager

Last edited:
5 or 6/10.

Some deadwood gone, alot of dead wood remaining(looking at you winks, dier, doherty, serge)
Some good young players in, but dont know how they will go. Definition of average.

Not having a Kane-shaped hole in the squad, filled by an inexperienced player who needs time to settle, is underestimated. Add in positive young signing which signals Spurs going back to what we used to do so well pre-poch, and this ranks as a pretty decent window.

The squad has some issues. CM, CF, and CB. But there is potential in the players we already have. A lot will of course judge in hindsight. If Sanchez crumbles, Ndombele doesn't turn up, or Kane gets injured, posters will be rooting around their sheds for a pitchfork.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom