Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
I like what they are doing.
We are putting together a new group all in the 20-25 year age band that can be the core of the side for the next 5 years without giving up the key first team players.

With the addition of Emerson, it takes it to good for me. Get a creative midfielder in and it's a decent one. Especially with keeping Kane and tying Son down to a new contract.

Just keeping Kane elevates this window to at least a ‘very good’ for me. Last year it was our defence that was poor and bringing in Romero, and Royal will go a long way to improving that. Plus our biggest change of all - Bringing in Nuno!

Current state of play

GK: with Golini in looks good: 9/10

Defence: Romero and Royal with Sess back and hopefully Aurier gone while Sanchez seems to have a new lease of life and Tanganga has really shown his worth. Was a problem child but now actually ok. 9/10

Midfield: Skipp is back which is good but with Ndombele going AWOL we don’t have much cover. We need someone who can cover both Skipp and Hojbjerg but also provide a little creativity. Neves would be great but right now not complete as Sarr is still in France for a year. 7/10

Attack: Bryan Gil looks a major signing but I feel losing both Bale and Vinnie goals leaves us a bit light in terms of goal scorers. Keeping Kane is great but its a shame if we are not going to be building much round him. 5/10

So far a 5. Love Gil - a bit too much to be honest - and Romero has promise. Goalie looks good too.

Keeping Sonny was huge. He’s the focus of the team now and far more refreshing and dynamic than H.

But we still have too much deadwood and need quality all over the park.

Lose Aurier, NDombele and Doherty with some quality replacements and we jump to a 7/8.

If we get Emerson then the window has been good. The rebuild will be well under way.

We kept the best player in England and added some exciting players in key positions, but there hasn’t been enough interest in our lesser players for us to do that much more. I really wanted a new midfielder but with Ndombele attracting zero interest that wasn’t possible.

The way some of you have proper meltdowns over this window and voted 4.

:parker::parker::parker:

:sonpoint:

I'm astounded... Imagine what they would be like if they voted 1........fahhhhhking hellll

:vdvcry:

For me right now, I'd say 5/10 - that's including Emerson, improving on that would involve:

1) Moving on the likes of Ndombele, Aurier/ Doherty & Winks.

2) An attacking signing, preferably RWF or backup striker.

Back
Top Bottom