Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
4/10

Addressed very few of our needs, we needed CBx2, RB, RW, CM, AM, Striker. We brought in 1 CB and maybe a RB.

We have a massive issue in terms of our attack relying solely on Kane and Son. We not only did nothing to address that but we brought nobody in in case either of them go down.

4/10

Addressed very few of our needs, we needed CBx2, RB, RW, CM, AM, Striker. We brought in 1 CB and maybe a RB.

We have a massive issue in terms of our attack relying solely on Kane and Son. We not only did nothing to address that but we brought nobody in in case either of them go down.
"We brought in 1 CB and maybe a RB" numbers not strong with this one

What?

You are once again backing my argument thanks. Royal is the only RB and he might not start and Romero the only CB.
Your ARGUMENT was that we only made two signings .... you sticking with that? You also conveniently ignore that we gained Skipp and Sessegnon compared to last season ... but that detail wouldn't fit with your anti-Spurs agenda would it?

Hopefully Gil > Lamela (has to be if he can play more than 10 games a season)
Gollini > Hart.
Havent seen this royal guy but he cant be worse than Doherty
Not sure about Romero being an upgrade for Toby. We will see.
Not sure who will score the goals Bale scored .

Overall fixes some defense but does not touch our need for a CM(skipp hojberg arent creative enough) or a better 3rd attacker than lucas/bergwin. We will be over reliant on Kane and Son for the goals again.

An okay window. Nothing too exciting or too shit. 5.1/10 (slightly better than average because of Gil)

Why bother? you're an anti-Spurs troll who has long since been sussed - ripping your posts apart is far to easy but what the hell it makes me smile.

LOL

As usual you can't reply or make an argument so it is more pathetic insults because that is all you have.

6 / 10

5 Very decent looking signings. Only 4 will be ready for this season. Like the look of all of them. They seem to be good signings IMO, although I don't really know them that well... Kept Kane, which is big. Didn't find a backup striker, or a creative mid. Accept letting Sissoko go, although would have hoped for more than 3 million. Sad to see Toby and Danny Rose go. They were great for Spurs. Think it was right to let Aurier go, but doesn't feel great the way it happened. I mean, surely he could have gone for a transfer fee. He's not so bad that he had to leave like that.

Is that you're idea of a "reply or making an argument" - do you understand irony?

I pointed out your trolling error you got upset - same story different day.

Nope not upset.

What I am replying to? Your post is nonsense full of nothing but pathetic insults designed to distract from the fact that you are wrong.

You tried to take a shot, got it totally wrong and now think that if you throw out a bunch of weak insults you can try to get out it.

We cannot ignore the fact that we are 2 seasons without champions league football. Not only does this make it harder to attract players, but it impacts our revenue to the tune of 60-100m annually.

Gil / Romero / Emerson / Sarr by all accounts are top talents. Add to that Lo Celso, Ndombele, Skipp, Reggie and Sessegnon and we can really see how our future is shaping up.

7/10

An attacking option would have made it an 8.
clearly the club is trusting young Scarlet to get us through some games. We are in decent shape.

We cannot ignore the fact that we are 2 seasons without champions league football. Not only does this make it harder to attract players, but it impacts our revenue to the tune of 60-100m annually.

Gil / Romero / Emerson / Sarr by all accounts are top talents. Add to that Lo Celso, Ndombele, Skipp, Reggie and Sessegnon and we can really see how our future is shaping up.
Yeah, the squad is not looking bad at the moment. I think it has improved. Some really good players in there now, if Nuno can knit them together. Perhaps we could have done with a creative mid and a backup striker, but aside from that, I think we did quite well... I think a 2nd year of Bale on loan really would have worked. I don't get why we didn't push for that.

7/10

Overall I like the look of our squad, but the most important thing is the potential of this set of players.

There's about 15 that probably haven't hit their peaks yet, and if we can have a bunch of them step up this season we could have a very strong squad.

We shifted 7 players who were never going to improve and were no longer (if ever) good enough.
We brought in 4 players + 2 returning with loan experience. All have potential to reach a good level immediately.

What worries me is the defensive options we have given ourselves lean towards a back 5 system - which I really don't enjoy seeing us play.
2x RWB
2x LWB
4x CB
1x R/CB & 1x L/CB

The logical idea of having 2 players for every position is extended to the left & right centre/full backs in Tanganga & Davies.
Our defence has been shocking recently and since a year ago we have 6-7 of our 10 defenders that are new options. Partnerships like Toby & Jan aren't formed overnight but I believe our weakest area has been improved overall and the squad age significantly reduced - which is positive.

A season with a striker to prepare for 'life after Kane' could have been just what we need, or potentially stunted the development of said potential replacement. There is logic in replacing Kane with an £80m~ man the same window he leaves.

This looks like a squad capable of achieving 1.75 points per game from now to the end of season - which mathematically would likely secure us a spot in the top 4!

Nope not upset.

What I am replying to? Your post is nonsense full of nothing but pathetic insults designed to distract from the fact that you are wrong.

You tried to take a shot, got it totally wrong and now think that if you throw out a bunch of weak insults you can try to get out it.
Says Igula whilst throwing out a bunch of weak insults - 😆 😆 😆

Last edited:
Nuño s first, defence stronger, got rid of the two French men, kept Kane…. Feels pretty good to me… I’m always grass is greener guy for Windows though…

Back
Top Bottom