Ratings - Utd (H)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris - 8 - saves kept us in it
Sanchez - 6 - a few scary moments
Dier - 7 - beast for most of the match
Aurier - 3 - sending me to an early grave
Davies - 6 - disciplined but unspectacular
Sissoko - 6 - key interceptions but rusty
Winks - 6 - worked hard but rusty
Son - 3 - crap and should have scored at least 1
Kane - 1 - the 1 is kind
Lamela - 6.5 - tenacious and committed but rusty
Bergwijn - 7.5 - uses his talent effectively
Lo Celso - 5 - not on for long
Gedson - 0 - needs time but way out of his depth

I can’t for the life of me figure out how Lamela is getting a higher rating than players like Davies or Winks. Can anyone genuinely give me a valid reason that doesn’t consist of running around a bit that warrants a 6+ rating for Erik? His final pass was shocking, decision making prevented us from looking more liquid in attack and whilst his guts were there a solid they always are I saw little if any substance to what he gave to the starting XI.

Sorry but I require a little more than hussle from my so called creative players, he gets a 5/10 at the very top end.

Lloris ,7 , best Spurs player saved the day.
Sanchez , 5, nearly cost us with fluffed clearance.
Dier , 6 , better but silly rash penalty .
Aurore , 4 , busy but shit.
Davis , 5 , steady without doing anything.
Sissoko , 4 , what have we done to deserve this .
Winks 4 , couldn't control midfield as usual.
Lamela, 5 , tenacious but no end product .
Bergy 5 , good goal with a goalkeeping fluff but faded.
Son , 3 , completely useless
Kane , 2 , no threat , plays too deep with no influence , shadow of 2/3 years ago but to be fair this team is a shadow also.
Gedson , 0 , a nobody player .
Le Celso , 4 , maybe some talent but most probably be another Lamela.

Mourinho 1 , archaic football , no possession , unwatchable .

Lloris ,7 , best Spurs player saved the day.
Sanchez , 5, nearly cost us with fluffed clearance.
Dier , 6 , better but silly rash penalty .
Aurore , 4 , busy but shit.
Davis , 5 , steady without doing anything.
Sissoko , 4 , what have we done to deserve this .
Winks 4 , couldn't control midfield as usual.
Lamela, 5 , tenacious but no end product .
Bergy 5 , good goal with a goalkeeping fluff but faded.
Son , 3 , completely useless
Kane , 2 , no threat , plays too deep with no influence , shadow of 2/3 years ago but to be fair this team is a shadow also.
Gedson , 0 , a nobody player .
Le Celso , 4 , maybe some talent but most probably be another Lamela.

Mourinho 1 , archaic football , no possession , unwatchable .
Sissoko was one of our best players....some people are just gonna always hate on him

Lloris - 8 - two great saves and did nothing wrong
Aurier - 2 - involved in our goal but does not respect his defensive duty, always overplays in our half
Davinson - 7 - one mistake but overall solid
Dier - 8 - our best player, imposing performance and penalty was harsh
Davies - 6 - calm and strong, solid display
Winks - 7 - played with energy and didn’t faff around, good transitions
Sissoko - 5 - he’s afraid to play football but he put himself about
Lamela - 5 - good effort but couldn’t execute in the final third
Bergwijn - 5 - ran hard but very rusty, good goal
Son - 3 - too rusty to hurt United, worked as hard as he could
Kane - 3 - same as above

Lo Celso - 3 - too rusty
Fernandes - 3 - not a very good player, far too flimsy

Lloris - 8 - His best game in years.

Aurier - 5 - Looked up for it and focused but he's just too clumsy/rash. Always has a mistake in him.

Sanchez - 5 - Almost like a centre back version of Aurier. Good athlete but he's just a very poor defender.
Doesn't read the game well, awful on the ball and has a brain fart in him every game.

Dier - 7 - I actually thought he was quite good. Was very naive for the pen but it was a blatant dive from Pogba IMO.

Davies - 6 - Meh.

Winks - 6 - Alright, but very frustrating. Many a time one of Son, Bergwijn or Lamela made an excellent run, Winks clearly spotted it, but instead of trying to find them with a pass that he would be more than capable of making, he played a safe sideways pass instead. He almost seems like an over coached player, with any instinctive part of his game long gone.

Sissoko - 4 - Ran and put himself about as usual, but offered nothing else as usual too. 10 touches in a half of football is genuinely shocking for a central midfielder, a stat even his biggest apologists will struggle to defend.

Bergwijn - 6 - Decent first half and took his goal well, but faded badly in the second.

Lamela - 5 - A typical Lamela performance really. Some nice dribble and touches but the guy just offers nothing in an attacking sense. He can't shoot and his passing is average at best.

Son - 4 - Offered nothing, really poor game.

Kane - 2 - I'm struggling to think of a worse performance Kane has ever put in for us. He was literally a liability. Every time he got the ball he seemed to just pass it back to United. Woeful. He should have been hooked because he could have cost us the match.

Subs:
Gedson - 2 - We should have left him to West Ham in January. A pointless signing and a pointless player.

Lo Celso - 6 - Pretty good. At least tried to make things happen when he came on a you could see the quality he possesses.

Mourinho - 3 - Thought we looked okay shape wise in the first half, but the way we set up second half was shameful. Uniteds fitness also looked miles better than ours. Plus, there were lads literally out on their feet and the guy failed to use the 3 extra subs at his disposal, what the fudge was that about??

Lloris - 8
Sanchez - 6
Dier - 7.5
Aurier - 4
Davies - 6.5
Sissoko - 6
Winks - 6
Son - 5
Kane - 2
Lamela - 6
Bergwijn - 7
Gedson - 3

We have been abysmal defensively this season but that was better. For a first game back after a crazy break in crazy times, we did ok. Kane and Sonny not up to much but give them a chance. Fortunately we've got magic Bergwijin looking pretty fearless and Dier somehow looks like he might just offer something.

Decent enough start to the mini-season. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom