Ratings: Vitesse (h)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rob Guest gave MOTM to Hugo.
Started his first European match of the season but had little to do until a superb stop to deny Sondre Tronstad from distance. Then did likewise not long after the break as he pulled off fine saves to frustrate Lois Openda amd Riechedly Bazoer. Not much he could do about Vitesse's goals, however. 8

Loool Conte's rating!!! For what? We weren't very good lads.

First 15mins was good, showed signs of a structure, stretching oppo defence with high and wide FB's on BOTH sides (none of this lopsided FB shitness seen under the dinosaur and Nuno), pinning them back too, then have progressive runs of FB's rotating with Son/Lucas and have them cutting inside (as per Davies creating 1st goal). But this lasted for 20mins, the game is 90mins long for which the remaining 70mins were a bit shit.

Just rate the game for what happened, not how happy you are for Conte to be our manager. It's OK if he gets a shit rating, he hasn't been here long enough to effect anything. But a shit performance is still a shit performance and he's our manager, there's every chance to rate him highly when the performances reflect it as I'm confident in his ability to improve us.

Bias ratings against players you hate dispite them playing well, followed bias ratings against a manager because you are pleased he is here! Fucking hell!

First 15mins was good, showed signs of a structure, stretching oppo defence with high and wide FB's on BOTH sides (none of this lopsided FB shitness seen under the dinosaur and Nuno), pinning them back too, then have progressive runs of FB's rotating with Son/Lucas and have them cutting inside (as per Davies creating 1st goal). But this lasted for 20mins, the game is 90mins long for which the remaining 70mins were a bit shit.

Just rate the game for what happened, not how happy you are for Conte to be our manager. It's OK if he gets a shit rating, he hasn't been here long enough to effect anything. But a shit performance is still a shit performance and he's our manager, there's every chance to rate him highly when the performances reflect it as I'm confident in his ability to improve us.

Bias ratings against players you hate dispite them playing well, followed bias ratings against a manager because you are pleased he is here! Fucking hell!
I gave Conte a 7 because I actually enjoyed the game. First one in ages 🙂

I gave Conte a 7 because I actually enjoyed the game. First one in ages 🙂
I enjoyed the first 20 mins and even within those it wasn't as dominant as the scoreline suggested but did reflect the quality of our forwards.

A lot has been made of our poor chance creation this season (under the dino too) but not a lot has been made of the fact that their conversion rates are some of the highest in the league! This game amplified this and shows that given greater chance creation this team will score because they have great forwards and this aspect of the game is the joy part of the game.

We came out with real attacking intent and looked like we could score goals again. For that alone he deserves big credit. Conte then showed the bollocks to make 3 subs at once and all had a positive impact. The objective was to win the game, the other priority was to entertain the fans with our attacking play. Conte delivered on both of these grounds. Stop being so negative, you will get your chance to moan soon enough. Enjoy the victory, enjoy the attacking intent.

Edit: you gave him a 6/10? Jesus

Do you just hate every Spurs manager irrespective of who it is?

We came out with real attacking intent and looked like we could score goals again. For that alone he deserves big credit. Conte then showed the bollocks to make 3 subs at once and all had a positive impact. The objective was to win the game, the other priority was to entertain the fans with our attacking play. Conte delivered on both of these grounds. Stop being so negative, you will get your chance to moan soon enough. Enjoy the victory, enjoy the attacking intent.

Edit: you gave him a 6/10? Jesus
Did you even read what I posted about the first 20mins?

This wasn't an 8/10 performance form that manager anyone doing so is simply rating him being here and NOT reflecting the performance of the game one iota!

It's not about being negative or being positive, it's about being honest with the appraisal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Imagine arguing over a Conte rating for a game he was forbidden by law from preparing the team for.

Patience young padawans, real information will come in time.
Well, he was our manager, he is in the list of individuals to be rated.

So we rate a performance based on what exactly? What we want? Want we expect in the future? His kudos and aura?

Or how about something novel like we played?

Did you even read what I posted about the first 20mins?
I did and you spoke a lot of sense, shame about the rest of your post.

This is my last post on the matter as I am not going to argue with someone who wants to focus on the negatives.
Whether or not you feel you’re being negative is irrelevant, I’m happy about yesterday and hope you feel happy too.

I did and you spoke a lot of sense, shame about the rest of your post.

This is my last post on the matter as I am not going to argue with someone who wants to focus on the negatives.
Whether or not you feel you’re being negative is irrelevant, I’m happy about yesterday and hope you feel happy too.
it's not about negative or positive, it's about removing bias and being fair with ratings, nothing else.

If that performance happened under Nuno or the dinosaur would you have given them an 8/10?

I am over the fucking moon Conte is our manager!

Just that that was NOT an 8/10 performance.
Was I wrong to give him (too high) a 7?

Were you wrong (too low) to give him a 6?

What score would Nuno have been given? 2? 3?

Point is, he set the team up well, made good subs IMO and 7 (yes, possibly even 8) is a fair score. The team were shot after 30 mins. Fitness will come, it will be demanded from Conte.

it's not about negative or positive, it's about removing bias and being fair with ratings, nothing else.

If that performance happened under Nuno or the dinosaur would you have given them an 8/10?

If Nuno would have switched to a back 3 for this game I definitely would have given him a high rating.

I think it is both fair and understandable to see Conte with the high ratings.

Well, he was our manager, he is in the list of individuals to be rated.

So we rate a performance based on what exactly? What we want? Want we expect in the future? His kudos and aura?

Or how about something novel like we played?
Rating a manager on an individual game is kind of inherently dumb, but especially so in this case.

0/10 didn’t do any lunatic shit on the touchline.

Was I wrong to give him (too high) a 7?

Were you wrong (too low) to give him a 6?

What score would Nuno have been given? 2? 3?

Point is, he set the team up well, made good subs IMO and 7 (yes, possibly even 8) is a fair score. The team were shot after 30 mins. Fitness will come, it will be demanded from Conte.
And that's the point. If people would have given Nuno 2 or 3 how the fuck can you rate Conte with an 8??? It makes absolutely no sense.

We were outplayed and out shot by the 5th placed side in the dutch league, whilst playing many of our big guns. They were the better team, were it not for Hugo they would have scored 5. This wasn't a good performance.

Yes!! I really, really enjoyed the fors 15-20mins, it was great to see us finally attack for a change. I liked how we set up and how we were pressing high and kept them pinned back for this period. I liked having both WB's pushed on and kept wide, stretching the oppo which created the space. We haven't done this in ages, it was great.

The rest of it we were completely outplayed.

Yes! He's been here 5mins and barely had any time to influence anything but he's there to be rated and hugely confident that he will make significant improvements on how we play. What then? Do we have to give him special ratings of 20 out of 10 scores because the weighting is out of whack?

Had we kept them at arm's length, controlled the game and not had a shot on target ourselves for the remained of the game and won 3-0, then he would have deservedly be worthy of 8/10.

This absolutely wasn't a good performance and absolutely wasn't worthy of 8/10.

If it were Nuno/Jose’s first match with no virtually no preparation time. If they had just joined in the same circumstances as Conte where we have been an utter chore to watch for the past 2 years or so then no. I wouldn’t give them a 8/10 because I’d give them a 9/10 as I did with Conte.

In the first game we have a system already in place (maybe some tweaks in regards to 352/343), we showed attacking content, we reminded the fans that we can be entertaining, that we can score goals, that the manager will make proactive subs.

I’d have loved to have won 5-0 after that start, but Lucas giving the ball away, some ropey defensive decisions, Romero getting sent off happened and they came back into the game. Conte made the subs that swung the game back into our favour.

Enjoy the win, enjoy the 3 goals. These things haven’t happened too much for us recently.

Rating a manager on an individual game is kind of inherently dumb, but especially so in this case.

0/10 didn’t do any lunatic shit on the touchline.
As opposed to rating how we played?

It doesn't matter if he's been here 1min or 1yr, just as it didn't matter with any previous managers ratings. I haven't looked at Nuno's rating for say his 1st game compared to his 5th, suffice to say I bet there would be a huge swing between them. At what point do we start to rate to rate the performance, game 3, 4 or do we give it a year? If so, why have we sacked Nuno and why has this been universally given the seal of approval?

If it were Nuno/Jose’s first match with no virtually no preparation time. If they had just joined in the same circumstances as Conte where we have been an utter chore to watch for the past 2 years or so then no. I wouldn’t give them a 8/10 because I’d give them a 9/10 as I did with Conte.

In the first game we have a system already in place (maybe some tweaks in regards to 352/343), we showed attacking content, we reminded the fans that we can be entertaining, that we can score goals, that the manager will make proactive subs.

I’d have loved to have won 5-0 after that start, but Lucas giving the ball away, some ropey defensive decisions, Romero getting sent off happened and they came back into the game. Conte made the subs that swung the game back into our favour.

Enjoy the win, enjoy the 3 goals. These things haven’t happened too much for us recently.
We did all you said but for 20mins, no more than that. From that moment onwards we were 2nd best. We were outplayed and outshot at home by a team placed 5th in the Dutch league. Our "system" lasted no more than 20mins.

I AM ENJOYING THE WIN!!! I'm just reflecting on a performance where we were outplayed for 70 of the 90mins, that we weren't the best team on the night and that doesn't warrant an 8/10 score to the manager in charge.

This wasn't a good performance.

Back
Top Bottom