Rebuild: who stays and who goes?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you might be disappointed come the end of the summer, then.

Aurier not joining the team in Amsterdam is a big red flag that he's gone, in my opinion.

Sub yesterday. I think he'll be here another year.

Our priorities are not WBs.

We're already running one short with Dembele gone. if Eriksen goes then that's another short in midfield.

We need 2, possibly 3 midfield replacements and a Kane stand in. Llorente and Janssen out.

If Alderweireld goes then we can use Dier as cover, so we need another replacement.

Without trying too hard, that's the 5 changes that any squad can stand in one window. Any more is too disruptive.

Will go:
Janssen
GKN
Wanyama
Trippier/Aurier - Think we will see just one leave
KWP (Doesn’t seem to be wanted)

Maybe:
Davies (can maybe be back up to Vertonghen)
Dier
Llorente
Eriksen (looking likely)
Toby (looking likely)

Think we will get 4 or 5 in, with CM and FB being priority.

Probably worth starting with the current squad, based upon CL rules for Club trained (C), Other FA Affiliated Clubs (HG) and u21's :

GKs - Lloris, Gazzaniga, Vorm (out of contract)

CB's - Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth (u21 in 2019/20 for CL)

FB's - Rose (C), Davies, Aurier, Trippier (HG), Walker-Peters (C)

CM's - Wanyama, Dier, Winks (C), Sissoko, (plus Amos (C), Skipp (u21)

AM's - Eriksen, Son, Dele (HG), Moura, Lamela, N'Koudou

FWD's -
Kane (C), Llorente, Janssen

Trippier may stay due to HG. But we need to replace Walker
CB if Alderweirald leaves
LB to take over from Rose. Not a fan of Davies.
CM Keep everyone bring in a new CM
Wing - replace Lamela with someone quick that scores goals
CF - give llorente another year, bring in new striker

Levy needs to ask Poch what he needs to compete with City, then get as close to that as possible.

Pep's nett spend on players since he has arrived at city has been £385,000,000 according to Transfermarkt. Total player acquisition costs are about £550,000,000. That's 3 seasons. It's no wonder Poch says Spurs have to do things differently.

I guess I’ll take a shot: Trips, Llorente, Wanyama, Janssen, CCV, Onomah, GKN all out. KWP out on loan. I think it’s highly likely Toby and Eriksen go as well.

I think we sign Sess (though I’m not sold on him) and Grealish if Villa doesn’t qualify. Then a big name RB and a solid backup to Kane. I think Dier moves to CB.

I would imagine moving Aurier out is the priority. He cost us £25m, he's taking up a foreign player spot, he's always injured and he's daft as a brush. We don't need him at all.

Trips at least has a reliable delivery in the final third and he's home grown.

Gut tells me Serge has both more assists and goals this year....

Still think Poch prefers KT tho. However creeping age and rumbles of interest from elsewhere suggest he's the more likely to leave.

Grsalish isn't as good as Lamela and he'll be on the bench!

No idea how good Lamela is (although I have my view!)as he's never played enough consecutive games to build a reputation.

Grealish looked pretty good v WBA at the weekend.

Grealish is not my first choice but I'd take him for £35-£40m

I guess I’ll take a shot: Trips, Llorente, Wanyama, Janssen, CCV, Onomah, GKN all out. KWP out on loan. I think it’s highly likely Toby and Eriksen go as well.

I think we sign Sess (though I’m not sold on him) and Grealish if Villa doesn’t qualify. Then a big name RB and a solid backup to Kane. I think Dier moves to CB.

Still leaves us 2-3 short in the midfield department! Dembele wasn't replaced. He must be this summer.

Back
Top Bottom