Referee Microphones

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Borodin55

Carpe Diem
Watch the video and then tell me if you would like to see (and hear) this in Premier League football games. Personally I think it would be a huge improvement and prevent a lot of confusion amongst supporters over why certain decisions were given.

Just look at the respect the players have for the referee. No arguments or theatrical demonstrations, just acknowledgement and acceptance of the decision. I would love to see it trialled for one season.

Just look at the respect the players have for the referee. No arguments or theatrical demonstrations, just acknowledgement and acceptance of the decision. I would love to see it trialled for one season.
100%

They were supposed to introduce a yellow card and the ball moved ten yards forward for abuse to refs, but as usual with these things that died out. Does that mean that things improved, I doubt it.

I would like to see a rugby style zero tolerance, even going as far as to introduce a 10 min sin binning.

All refs are mic'd up already, have been for many, many years. (I also remember going to the deciding game in 4 nations Rugby back in 1999 Eng vs Wales at Wembley, the bastard sheep shagers wining in the dying embers, where you were given a radio with the programme so you could listen in to the ref's, that was TWENTY YEARS AGO)

Personally I love to hear the dialogue, this clip below is famous now, I've posted it a couple of times before. Quite funny too. But in today's world, it will not change a thing, much like refs being asked to explain a decision at the end of the game. If you disagree with it I doubt hearing him explain it will change anyone's mind, it doesn't work listening to Graham Poll give his explanation during or after a game.

Back
Top Bottom