Referees have Tottenham got a problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We seem to have refs itching to give fouls against us. First Newcastle now today. It was never a free kick and I hate to say this but spurs seem to suffer more wrong decisions. Am I mad are do we have a problem.

1. Free kick being allowed to be taken 5 yards in front of where the foul took place against Everton
2. Ridiculous penalty decision against Southampton
3. Ridiculous free kick and penalty decision against Newcastle
4. Ridiculous free kick decision against West Ham

That's half of the goals we've conceded so far this season.

It's bad enough that we're awful at set pieces and 6 of the 8 goals we've conceded have come from them but when referees are actually giving teams free kicks or penalties that just shouldn't be free kicks or penalties, it's all a bit shit really.

Tonight the Brighton game I have to say that was the worse ref performance i have ever seen ever at the lane. To review then ignore the video evidence is beyond madness should be banned from top level our penalty itself was dubious

Officials in top level sport should have their bank accounts monitored for strange activity.
Normally I would say oh shut up that you you being biased but when even iAn Wright is saying its one of the worse refereeing decisions he has ever seen and the ref had the chance to reverse it. It makes you wonder. The ref needs a ban for incompetence

The thing is, even if he thought that the fella got a slight touch on the ball, technically it was still a foul.
His foot went over the ball, his studs were up and he wasn't in control of his body.

Here we go again with another 'they are all out to get us' bollocks of a thread!

giphy.gif

Scott should, like Jose said.. come out and defend his decision.

I think they just love the attention. Mike Dean and Michael Oliver do. That’s the problem..we know their names just like players! All for respecting the ref but they crave the attention it seems.

I’ve said it many times.. refs are the cunts at school who sucked at all sports. They were stuck in the mixed group and found themselves referring in some long shot attempt to send off a lad that probably bullied them.. then the authority got to them.
I can vouch for this.

There was a kid in my year who used to have a ‘fact of the day’, he even had his own theme tune. Shit at all sport so became a referee.

He used to run up and down the touch line at our matches in a referee’s kit and with a linesman’s flag he bought off eBay. No one asked him to be there and the coach/actual referee completely ignored whatever decisions he made. He used to try and snake his way into the team photos.

Years later he started refereeing youth level matches.

I’m fairly confident he is now in prison for touching kids.

I dont think its a Spurs thing ,its more of a referee thing generally, they are incompetent at best and damn lazy at worse. Referees are told NOT to guess a decision but most of them spend 90 mins doing just that,

Precisely, that was a foul if anything

Where the fk is VAR?

It's nota foul, you as a player are under no obligation to get out of another player's way. Watch many goals scored, for and against us and you'll see players basically creating space for a shot by using their bodies to block off the opposition.

Even if we assume every ref in the world is out to get us, we were 3-0 up on 81 mins. NOTHING that any ref can do at that point can change the result. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the bottle mentality that festers our team. The amount of goals we concede in the last 10 mins (even consolation goals we casually let in when miles clear) is disgusting.

What did Aurrier do?

He didn't tackle, he didn't do anything.
I was spitting venom before they scored. I'm shocked no one was talking about how it wasn't a free kick.
It looked to me that the Spam player ran into the back of Aurier and in doing so tripped over his (Aurier) leg.
Was never a free kick.

Scott should, like Jose said.. come out and defend his decision.

I think they just love the attention. Mike Dean and Michael Oliver do. That’s the problem..we know their names just like players! All for respecting the ref but they crave the attention it seems.

I’ve said it many times.. refs are the cunts at school who sucked at all sports. They were stuck in the mixed group and found themselves referring in some long shot attempt to send off a lad that probably bullied them.. then the authority got to them.

I am still absolutely amazed Winks hasn't just blasted that clear.

He should have blasted that ball 25 yards into the stands on the other side of the pitch.

Why he did that stupid little tap on is insane even for a player like him.

It was a deserved free kick, the refs don't have a problem. Trying to blame this result on the refs is pretty pathetic.
What did Aurrier do?

He didn't tackle, he didn't do anything.
I was spitting venom before they scored. I'm shocked no one was talking about how it wasn't a free kick.

Back
Top Bottom