Referees have Tottenham got a problem

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think any ref has the balls to call foul and disallow a goal of this quality especially as it wasn't committed by the goalscorer. Think we scored a similar goal last season against Southampton when Dele cleverly obstructed their defender who was trying to close down Son.

I'm more annoyed at the initial decision by the ref to give West Ham a freekick when Aurier barely touched their guy and Wink's decision not to put his foot through the ball when it came to him.

I don't think it is the quality of the goal. Plays like that happen all the time without fouls being given, its just that we let it go because they aren't clear cut, but in this case it seems egregious because of the result of the shot rather than the supposed foul.

I also don't think VAR can address fouls outside the box, for the poster that was asking where was VAR.

Refs have an agenda against Tottenham. It's because Sky support Woolwich and therefore, the paymasters of the PL want Spurs, Woolwich's arch-enemy to fail.
I honestly believe Tottenham would have won many trophies if we'd got the same refereeing as say Man.City, which is far less than what Woolwich get.
The league is corrupted by Sky's BILLIONS. Let's hope Amazon out-bid them next time and everything changes.

Even if we assume every ref in the world is out to get us, we were 3-0 up on 81 mins. NOTHING that any ref can do at that point can change the result. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the bottle mentality that festers our team. The amount of goals we concede in the last 10 mins (even consolation goals we casually let in when miles clear) is disgusting.

Even if we assume every ref in the world is out to get us, we were 3-0 up on 81 mins. NOTHING that any ref can do at that point can change the result. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the bottle mentality that festers our team. The amount of goals we concede in the last 10 mins (even consolation goals we casually let in when miles clear) is disgusting.

Even considering the soft free kick, they still have to smash it in the corner from 25 yards.

We do it to ourselves with shite defending. Serge for the initial brain fart, and winks for passing it into dangerous area.

Refs have an agenda against Tottenham. It's because Sky support Woolwich and therefore, the paymasters of the PL want Spurs, Woolwich's arch-enemy to fail.
I honestly believe Tottenham would have won many trophies if we'd got the same refereeing as say Man.City, which is far less than what Woolwich get.
The league is corrupted by Sky's BILLIONS. Let's hope Amazon out-bid them next time and everything changes.
tenor.gif

It's nota foul, you as a player are under no obligation to get out of another player's way. Watch many goals scored, for and against us and you'll see players basically creating space for a shot by using their bodies to block off the opposition.

Agreed, although saying that, didn’t Newcastle get a free kick for a PEH body block?

Oh fuck off this is pathetic. Stop crying like a bunch of bitches and kill the game off. It’s a free kick from 40 out. Should be cleared 90+% of the time. The team couldn’t get it done today.

They are not guessing mate. They've been conned, it's deception our players do it (Kane tried it several times in this game, a couple he won and a couple he didn't).

It's part of the game, so I'm not losing my shit. It 100% wasn't a foul but it's part of the game at all levels. Loads of Spurs fans patting whoever on the head does it for us, followed up with some whimsical comments about Jose saying something, something cunts.
Yeah like lamela getting martial sent off.

Agreed, although saying that, didn’t Newcastle get a free kick for a PEH body block?
Yeah, although PEH one was quite incredible seeing as Newcastle player throws himself into him. But Pens don't get given unless player falls over, fouls don't get given unless player falls over. So to "win" them players fall over.

Yeah like lamela getting martial sent off.
I'd say kind of, however, take a look that again, the ref is already going to his pocket before Lamela goes down, and even then Lamela hasn't thrown himself to the ground faking being hit. I do not understand the backlash under the Lamela incident, I don't see it as deception, more exaggeration, Martial put his hands in the face of his opponent, it's 100% blatant red card.

Deception on the other hand is pretending you've been fouled or hit or whatever, to deliberately conn the officials to gain an advantage for your team. Lamela didn't pretend that Martial put his hands into his face, on account of that's exactly what Martial did.

It's nota foul, you as a player are under no obligation to get out of another player's way. Watch many goals scored, for and against us and you'll see players basically creating space for a shot by using their bodies to block off the opposition.

In the context of a duel for the ball yes, but you can't physically throw yourself in the way and knock the player to the ground so that a team mate can get to the ball.... If a defender does that at a corner it's a penalty.

This is not American football.

I'd say kind of, however, take a look that again, the ref is already going to his pocket before Lamela goes down, and even then Lamela hasn't thrown himself to the ground faking being hit. I do not understand the backlash under the Lamela incident, I don't see it as deception, more exaggeration, Martial put his hands in the face of his opponent, it's 100% blatant red card.

Deception on the other hand is pretending you've been fouled or hit or whatever, to deliberately conn the officials to gain an advantage for your team. Lamela didn't pretend that Martial put his hands into his face, on account of that's exactly what Martial did.
Yeah martial was stupid & technically its a red. But lamela faked injury/that it hurt. More exaggeration like you say. No need for it. If it was the other way around we would be calling martial a cheat & a faker. But its the modern game & everyone is doing it. So I am ok with us faking & cheating to finally win something.

Mike Riley is in charge of the refs, enough said.

Come here Ashley....so I can take no action against you.

The standard of Refs is poor and has been for years. They bring in technology to help them and give it to the same cretins who were getting the decisions wrong in the first place. Did they expect a different outcome?

The higher up the league you go the more help you get from them. We aren’t fashionable either which doesn’t help.

I don't like advocating cheating. But we are supposed to become clever cunts.

Why aren't we complaining about the decisions to ref on the pitch. Decisions go against us and we just say oh well.

Everton nicked 5 yards then scored. Jose made a little comment post match but that was it.

Winks should have been up telling the ref he was blocked off.
Aurier should have been telling the ref it was a foul.
Decisions may not have changed but the thought process of the ref might next time.

Should have won the game regardless. Refereeing and VAR has been poor for most teams this year.

Yesterday alone I thought Bale could have had a pen, Aurier didn't commit much of a foul and Ogbanna impeded Winks from putting in whatever dainty challenge he would have attempted on Lanzini.

Yeah martial was stupid & technically its a red. But lamela faked injury/that it hurt. More exaggeration like you say. No need for it. If it was the other way around we would be calling martial a cheat & a faker. But its the modern game & everyone is doing it. So I am ok with us faking & cheating to finally win something.
There is every reason to do it and that's get the oppo player sent off. In the case of Lamela however ref already went to red card before Lamela even sat down, but I've absolutely no problem with this, this IS what you do, this IS giving your team an advantage, this IS what wins you football matches. This IS why we won 6-1.

We've been faking and cheating for absolutely years mate, every game for decades.

Well we certainly don't have a Proble as your thread title suggests.
(Ahhhh well edited)
:mourhandlaugh: :dierpochhug:

No I don't think we have a problem at at all. It's only natural to look for excuses when conceding goals but to insinuate that referees have some preset agenda against Spurs is bordering on paranoia in my opinion.
Relax my mate, we'll get our fair share of decisions I'm sure.

Ask Lamela about winning penalties :thumbup:
But...but....but you've seen the var graph showing how each team has been impacted positively or negatively by var decisions: pretty sure we were bottom of the pile by a fair margin. I don't think there's a conspiracy but it backs up the fact that certain teams have been shafted and some have benefitted (man utd) and that can make people feel there's bias...
But I would say that even this weekend we have seen absolutely SHOCKING performances by refs and var that I'm sure wouldn't have been made. Mane was onside and Pickford is a nasty bastard who should have been red carded and yet var was wrong in the 1st instance and fucking negligent in the 2nd....didn't even review it FFS.

I'm not sure things ever even themselves out but I do know we have had our fair share of shit var decisions last year and am hoping we get the rub of the green more this season...

Back
Top Bottom