Regression back to your Spurs childhood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just found this beauty for £37 and no names/numbers. Just what I was looking for, well chuffed :thumbup:

Very early Christmas present from my wife ...sorted.

Very, very disappointed with the quality of the shirt and it's been returned for a refund :(. Has anyone else purchased from Toffs ? I'd be extremely interested to see someone else's opinion of their merchandise. The emblem was poorly attached and I doubt would have survived a couple of washes no matter how careful Mrs. B. was and it just looked like an inexpensive T shirt. From now on I shall stick with the Spurs shop. :thumbup:

Just ordered from the Spurs shop, exactly what I wanted. Smart/casual and with a nice reminder to everyone which football team I support. Had my refund from Toffs this morning so that will cover this nicely. :thumbup::thumbup:

Very, very disappointed with the quality of the shirt and it's been returned for a refund :(. Has anyone else purchased from Toffs ? I'd be extremely interested to see someone else's opinion of their merchandise. The emblem was poorly attached and I doubt would have survived a couple of washes no matter how careful Mrs. B. was and it just looked like an inexpensive T shirt. From now on I shall stick with the Spurs shop. :thumbup:
I thought the point was for the badge to be attached in the same way the originals were? They always looks like shoddy sew on badges in those days, didn't they?

I bought the mid 60s - mid 70s shirt off Toffs years ago,and the quality then, was superb.
They have however lost a lot of business to the clubs themselves,so maybe the quality has suffered in more recent years.

I bought the mid 60s - mid 70s shirt off Toffs years ago,and the quality then, was superb.
They have however lost a lot of business to the clubs themselves,so maybe the quality has suffered in more recent years.
In fairness the returns system was faultless (although that would imply they have a lot of them I suppose). Posted it back on Friday and had an e-mail to say my account had been refunded this morning. Very disappointed but happy with my replacement from the Spurs shop. Everything is always top quality from there. Maybe there has been a change of management / ownership since your purchase from Toffs but the shirt really was totally unacceptable for the money.

I have purchased two TOFFS shirts - both the all white 1970's shirt
First one was epic and lasted about 15 years
2 nd one was shite and I only wore it twice

don't feel like trying them again

Just ordered from the Spurs shop, exactly what I wanted. Smart/casual and with a nice reminder to everyone which football team I support. Had my refund from Toffs this morning so that will cover this nicely. :thumbup::thumbup:
very smart 👍

I remember the silk scarfs tied round the wrist! Never really saw anyone wearing shirts in the 70's.
I also recal the tartan scarfs even tartan turn ups on jeans, funny thing was as soon as the bay city rollers came out the tartan disappeared overnight!!!

Don't know about anyone else, but everything I have owned in the past 30 ish years - nothing has been red.
Cars always blue - clothes all white/blue/ grey/ black/ purple/yellow - even lighters and such. Just nothing red at all. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Some fans are proud to wear colours, others are proud they don't wear colours. Whatever makes you feel proud is great. I would feel ridiculous wearing red, so in the same regard just avoid that.

As a boy, my mum got me the 90/91 shirt for Christmas. Putting that on.. the way it felt against my skin - the way I would search for it on non school uniform day, or going for a kick about on the road - it's something special to me. Every Christmas since then I have always asked mum to get me one. Partly due to lack of present ideas, but also for what it represents to me personally. A single, unemployed mum, with 2 Spurs supporting boys on a council estate.. she would put a few quid away each month starting in January in order to make sure her 2 boys felt like kings wearing that Lilly white shirt. The other kids on the estate were envious of the official badge shirts we wore.
There never came a time I felt like I wanted to say 'not this year mum' - it's basically tradition now.

I still get a little bit of that feeling the first time I put on my new shirt. It would be ruined if I went and bought it for myself on the day its released - she puts them in a box with blue and white ribbons around it an everything.

I get to the stadium around 10 games per season. The rest of the games, I sit at home with my girlfriend/friends/brothers watching - and always make sure I'm wearing a shirt all day. It's not about what other people see, or other people think, or representing colours - or showing I'm a bad boy by not wearing colours.. it's just a personal thing. Shirts then become 'lucky' for whatever reasons - and they are the ones I wear to games, usually under a zipped up jacket.. not on display, it's the feeling of it against my skin I want, like that Christmas in 1990.

I'm so fucking proud that my team is Spurs. I'm proud that we are shit, that we never win anything, that we have signed disasters, that I have spent decades taking that shirt off at night time - looking at the badge as I throw it in the laundry basket, and wondering "why have you let me down again Tottenham" but I wouldn't want it any other way.
So in that regard, I do like to have visible slices of Spurs for people to see.. blue and white scarves, the car mobile phone holder magnet thing, my grass from the lane key ring - and I love it when these smaller things are noticed by a fellow loser supporter.

After all that, I feel full of optimism and passion. I'm not going to cry, but I seriously think we could get a point this weekend now.

COYS!

Just collected this from my local post office. Managed to get it for £35 from the shop. The quality is no less than I expected, absolutely first class. It also feels as good as it looks because it is a 'soft feel' material. A really smart/casual piece of kit that I can thoroughly recommend. :thumbup:

Don't know about anyone else, but everything I have owned in the past 30 ish years - nothing has been red.
Cars always blue - clothes all white/blue/ grey/ black/ purple/yellow - even lighters and such. Just nothing red at all. Old habits die hard I suppose.

Some fans are proud to wear colours, others are proud they don't wear colours. Whatever makes you feel proud is great. I would feel ridiculous wearing red, so in the same regard just avoid that.

As a boy, my mum got me the 90/91 shirt for Christmas. Putting that on.. the way it felt against my skin - the way I would search for it on non school uniform day, or going for a kick about on the road - it's something special to me. Every Christmas since then I have always asked mum to get me one. Partly due to lack of present ideas, but also for what it represents to me personally. A single, unemployed mum, with 2 Spurs supporting boys on a council estate.. she would put a few quid away each month starting in January in order to make sure her 2 boys felt like kings wearing that Lilly white shirt. The other kids on the estate were envious of the official badge shirts we wore.
There never came a time I felt like I wanted to say 'not this year mum' - it's basically tradition now.

I still get a little bit of that feeling the first time I put on my new shirt. It would be ruined if I went and bought it for myself on the day its released - she puts them in a box with blue and white ribbons around it an everything.

I get to the stadium around 10 games per season. The rest of the games, I sit at home with my girlfriend/friends/brothers watching - and always make sure I'm wearing a shirt all day. It's not about what other people see, or other people think, or representing colours - or showing I'm a bad boy by not wearing colours.. it's just a personal thing. Shirts then become 'lucky' for whatever reasons - and they are the ones I wear to games, usually under a zipped up jacket.. not on display, it's the feeling of it against my skin I want, like that Christmas in 1990.

I'm so fucking proud that my team is Spurs. I'm proud that we are shit, that we never win anything, that we have signed disasters, that I have spent decades taking that shirt off at night time - looking at the badge as I throw it in the laundry basket, and wondering "why have you let me down again Tottenham" but I wouldn't want it any other way.
So in that regard, I do like to have visible slices of Spurs for people to see.. blue and white scarves, the car mobile phone holder magnet thing, my grass from the lane key ring - and I love it when these smaller things are noticed by a fellow loser supporter.

After all that, I feel full of optimism and passion. I'm not going to cry, but I seriously think we could get a point this weekend now.

COYS!
You bought a tear to my eye, reading that, lovely recollections.

COYS!

Fantastic post, totally encapsulated what being a supporter of this beautiful football club is all about and also mixed with your personal family memories. Take a bow :thumbup:

I just got a kick out of remembering when I did this, back in 2011.

McvR2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom