Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My thoughts:
I could not make out any clear play strategy, other than being cautious.
Bergwijn not good enough.
Harry, only one shot on goal, is he semi-retired now?
Doherty does nothing. And no vision either.
Ndombele has wonderful skills, may not put in a shift but in this poor team hes worth inclusion.
No team spirit, just a bunch of disparate players.
Gill very promising but working in a ragged environment.
PEH top man
Dele is trying. Very trying.
Nuno, for the second game in a row, sits on the bench looking like he hasn’t a clue.

Doherty is without question one of the worst players any sensible Spurs fan has seen wear our shirt in recent years - and no that is not hyperbole to make a point. He literally has nothing to his game, dreadful player. Do you mean “solid“ in that he is a solid object that has a base and can stand upright?
What did he do wrong?
Did you miss his cross that led to a goal or his cross to Rodon where he should have scored?

Nuno's words after the game were pretty telling. He's firefighting in lots of areas.

Let's see where we are in a couple of weeks time. We need good performances in the London derbies but they wont make or break the season however much the social media piss taking will be annoying if we lose.

Didn’t watch the game as seriously couldn’t be arsed , with this embarrassment of a competition.

Just to put things into perspective…. 3 years ago we were on par with Liverpool … they beat ac Milan at home in the cl …. And we can’t win in the Europe’s 3rd tier laughing stock competition

Let’s just f*** this competition off , deliberately lose the next how many ever games , go out, and get back to playing on Saturdays and concentrating on the pl

We are in for a very long tough hard season in the pl , scrapping for points to hold mid table . In that I’m in no doubt

I won't even be watching it, fuck that. We should refuse to play in it.

Fuck UEFA..why didn't they just create an extra place for the Europa league if they are so desperate to get more teams in Europe? There's a hundred fucking games in that already a few more isn't going to make any difference.
So you'll never watch the ECL?

Unlucky there Tanguy, nice bit of play.
Knew you'd cave eventually. 👍🏻

- These are not normal times (covid).
- His new employer asked for a bit of good-will having just put a shit-load of faith in him with a 6 year deal.
- Should he not have commitment to his day-job too?
Well we knew what we were buying did we not. Granted these are not normal times but background checks can see if these players will do anything to play for their country which seems to be the case with south americans esp argentinians.
Then again with our signings it doesnt seem like any due care or diligence is done

Well we knew what we were buying did we not.

I don't believe that sentiment applies here.

It's not about nationality..... Some of the Brazilian lads stayed away when asked.... No-one can tell me the Arge lot are any more committed than Brazil when it comes to the national team.

Granted these are not normal times but background checks can see if these players will do anything to play for their country which seems to be the case with south americans esp argentinians.

"Not normal times."

This is central to what we're talking about... Brushing it asides betrays any sense of real discussion.

"Background checks" is a sketchy concept given the scenario.

Then again with our signings it doesnt seem like any due care or diligence is done

Again, this is not reasonable criticism in this instance.

It looks like we should play Ndombele as often as possible.

I'd like to see a MF of Ndombele. PEH, GLC... with ALI and Skipp as utility players on the bench.

Our 1st front 3 has to be Son, Kane. Gil.

Lloris
Royal Sanchez Dier Reg
Ndobby PEH GLC
Gil Kane Son​

Skipp, Alli, Japh, Davis, Lucas Bergjwjin on the bench.... don't play any of these 1st 11 players in Europe unless we get near the final, or if they are coming back from injury and need game time.

I never want to see Winks or Doherty in the starting line up in PL. now that we have both Japh and Royal that can play RB, and Skipp back from loan, I don't even want to see Winks or Doherty on the bench. They're better utilised against lesser opposition in early stage cup games.

If Royal, Sanchez, Dier go off form, I'm more than happy for Japh to step in for any of them. It's only because Dier and Sanchez have been in good form so far.

it’s funny our players were so afraid of passing the ball to tanguy when he was in the no10 position begging for the ball same if it’s not a clear cut pass our players are not making them they don’t take any risk

You seem to often make statements and when challenged, you rather rubbish the person who challenged you, instead of backing up you statement.

Rather say nothing at all. It would avoid time wasteing.

I didn't rubbish you I correctly pointed out that none of what you said that I thought was true at all.

I never once said anything about Kante, Neves or Fernandiho that was all made up by you. I never once said or implied that we should play with 11 strikers.

That response from you was totally made up from fantasyland. If you have a problem for being called out on your made up BS then perhaps you shouldn't respond.

I have backed up my claim. There is no need for me to do anything but call out your shit when you post complete nonsense.

I didn't rubbish you I correctly pointed out that none of what you said that I thought was true at all.

I never once said anything about Kante, Neves or Fernandiho that was all made up by you. I never once said or implied that we should play with 11 strikers.

That response from you was totally made up from fantasyland. If you have a problem for being called out on your made up BS then perhaps you shouldn't respond.

I have backed up my claim. There is no need for me to do anything but call out your shit when you post complete nonsense.
By the way you speak to people, I feel you need to be right. So if it makes you feel better, your 'Opinion' is right'.

To all Spurs and Danish fans out there, PEH is extremely overated, dispite being recognised as one of the best players at the Euros. Igula has declared it so. Don't question or he'll call Out your shit for posting nonsense.

PS: I used the Kanté, Neves and Fernandiho as a comparison. They have been used in a similar role as PEH. By your analogy of PEH, They similarly could possibly be rubbish. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

By the way you speak to people, I feel you need to be right. So if it makes you feel better, your 'Opinion' is right'.

To all Spurs and Danish fans out there, PEH is extremely overated, dispite being recognised as one of the best players at the Euros. Igula has declared it so. Don't question or he'll call Out your shit for posting nonsense.

PS: I used the Kanté, Neves and Fernandiho as a comparison. They have been used in a similar role as PEH. By your analogy of PEH, They similarly could possibly be rubbish. But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.
I expect you will be getting a little kiss from a certain someone shortly..
Edit...kiss received.

Feel free to question whatever you like, but do so with actual things I said not made up crap like 11 strikers and me hating players I never even mentioned.

Your feeling about me is also dead wrong, you would be better served by reading what people actually write or just asking than having to resort to making stuff up.

Again I never said PEH was rubbish so why would unrelated players that I never mentioned be considered rubbish?

Why do you need to constantly make up stuff that I never said?

Back
Top Bottom