Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But as they are not coming directly from Brazil, would that matter?

Lo Celso and Romero went to another south American country and then entered Brazil - now facing charges for making false declarations on their application to enter Brazil by stating they had NOT been in UK for 14 days.

If France have similar rules about their red list of Brazil - Lo Celso and Romero may be first players to be prosecuted in 2 different countries for immigration offences involving Covid.

Not to mention Spurs match being interrupted by French immigration officials .......

You will note that Spurs are ranked 13th with 78 points in UEFA Club Coefficient points - 2 points behind Woolwich on 80 points.

However UEFA Documents

Clubs are guaranteed a minimum of 2.5 points in the group stage of the UEFA Europa Conference League, even if the number of points actually obtained during this stage is lower. This guaranteed minimum is not added to points actually obtained in the group stage and is not included in the association coefficient calculation.

So the match on Thursday (whatever the result) moves Spurs above Woolwich in UEFA coefficient points - the first time we will have been above Woolwich since 1991/92

Make you happier and more interested ?

By the way I forgot to mention, it goes without saying surely, that Spurs have won more european trophies than Woolwich - so we are not looking for a trophy for going above them. Just saying .....

Lo Celso and Romero went to another south American country and then entered Brazil - now facing charges for making false declarations on their application to enter Brazil by stating they had NOT been in UK for 14 days.

If France have similar rules about their red list of Brazil - Lo Celso and Romero may be first players to be prosecuted in 2 different countries for immigration offences involving Covid.

Not to mention Spurs match being interrupted by French immigration officials .......
Holy dooley, the shit stick beats Spurs once again

I've said this before and got dogs abuse, it's just my opinion. But I really don't care about this mickey mouse 3rd rate eufa money spinning competition...its pointless and worthless.
Plus we clearly need to concentrate on the league or we could be finishing 10th...
Does France have the same rules as England Vs. the red-listed South American countries? What I'm asking. Can Romero, lo Celso and Sanches actually play?

Let's hope this means a South American ban for a year for the pair?

I don't want this manager throwing in a team full of kids like the first game in the conf league Qualifier
the manager needs to understand that every team we play in this and every london derby are cup finals & giant killings for the teams playing us (don't think the manager understands that)

so the team that Vonnegutboy has works for me, maybe have Scarlett and rest Lucas or bergjwin (if not 100%)
I'm not sure we're regarded as giants anymore, mate!

They should just ban away fans for European comps. For the group stage at least. Just causing more hassle and stress for all involved.

I would have normally gone to this game but what's the point of taking the risk with all these rules.

Back
Top Bottom