• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What shall we do with reputation?

• Remove all reputation

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Remove the negative reputation

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Leave it as it is

Votes: 70 76.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

The Fighting Cock
Omnipotent
Seems reputation can cause a few problems. People going round and disliking loads of posts from other users, threads turning into "why did you dislike my post?" arguments.

So, 3 options...

1. Remove all reputation - ditch the system completely.
2. Remove the negative reputation - dislike & disagree. Leave only the positive reps; Like/Thanks, Agree & Funny.
3. Leave it as it is

These are the only options. There's no "what if negative rep is hidden for users on ignore with less than 5 posts who's star sign is Taurus?".

Might not necessarily go with any of these but thought we'd see what people think of the rep system.

Might reset everyone's score as well. For no reason at all.

3) Leave it as it is - means nothing anyway.

I don't think removing 'disagree' would be a wise idea either - that's like telling someone in a face-to-face conversation you 'disagree' with them - no biggie. If people can't handle that from faceless zoids on an internet message boards - then perhaps this place isn't for them

You can always change the 'dislike' to a 'cnut' option since 99% of the time it used to tell the poster he's being one (in that particular post) and nothing else.

:soldadowatch:

Last edited:
Not voting because I'd like to see more options. Since the general question is "is rep worth it?" and if the answer is "it isn't really" then make it a fun thing at least. For example, a "wanker" button, a "gooner" button, a "tits out" button, etc etc More interaction, more buy-in. Win win for TFC. :thumbs up:

Last edited:
I said remove negative just purely because it means people won't give a fuck if morons go around mass-disliking posts.

Though actually, we should add in a 'Yawn' and '?' option to the buttons at the bottom.

Seems reputation can cause a few problems. People going round and disliking loads of posts from other users, threads turning into "why did you dislike my post?" arguments.

So, 3 options...

1. Remove all reputation - ditch the system completely.
2. Remove the negative reputation - dislike & disagree. Leave only the positive reps; Like/Thanks, Agree & Funny.
3. Leave it as it is

These are the only options. There's no "what if negative rep is hidden for users on ignore with less than 5 posts who's star sign is Taurus?".

Might not necessarily go with any of these but thought we'd see what people think of the rep system.

Might reset everyone's score as well. For no reason at all.

When I sent you a PM to ask why I was constantly Sin Binned, while one or two people were free to give me 800 neg reps in a week, you didnt reply.

Scrap Reputation once and for all because you dont use it for what its meant for. It doesnt weed out "trolls" at all.....its utterly pointless because the site is not Moderated.....so its little groups of people PM'ing eachother, and getting people Sin Binned, and you never even bother to check whether its justified.

It's annoying when people dislike for no reason, but then I remember it's just an integer field stored in a database somewhere and I don't care anymore. I also like disagreeing with people without explaining myself - but maybe that's not that constructive.

As long as you don't get rid of the ignore button, I don't mind :)

When I sent you a PM to ask why I was constantly Sin Binned, while one or two people were free to give me 800 neg reps in a week, you didnt reply.

Scrap Reputation once and for all because you dont use it for what its meant for. It doesnt weed out "trolls" at all.....its utterly pointless because the site is Moderated.....so its little groups of people PM'ing eachother, and getting people Sin Binned, and you never even bother to check whether its justified.
The site isn't moderated

But I'm lead to believe the SBS does exist - that is quite true and equally sad

Having said that - most of the binnings I've witnessed over the last year have been 100% justified (to my mind) as the poster in question was either a goon troll and simply acting a cunt and needed to 'cool' down for a few days.

@Éperons sums it up really well here and I agree with him by and large

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/binning-banning-ignoring.7088/

Last edited:

Without it you would get people posting single word replies showing they disagree with a post, which would be far worse.

Scrap Reputation once and for all because you dont use it for what its meant for. It doesnt weed out "trolls" at all.....its utterly pointless because the site is not Moderated.....so its little groups of people PM'ing eachother, and getting people Sin Binned, and you never even bother to check whether its justified.

I only hand out neg reps when people are being dicks and don't particularly worry when I get one. I think rep is a good indicator of whether a poster is worth listening to.

Oi, leave it be... I've worked long and hard, every hour god sends, to build up my healthy +positive reputation... I don't need a knee-jerk hire-em-and-fire-em clearout of all the good work... we've got a Chairman who does that!!

Nah, only jokin'... the neg rep/pos rep thing does tend to take on more importance than it needs to sometimes... people do take a neg. rep far too seriously sometimes... though I doubt anyone goes out and pops the Champers when they hit a milestone Pos. rep mark!!

...how 'bout maybe adding a Troll? question button... to try and weed out the true villains!! Then it would be up to said troll to either explain themselves, or leave quietly through whatever Troll hole they stumbled through!
Also, a 'not sure if serious?' button would not only come in handy, but lighten the mood on some of the more heated replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom