Retro Spurs photos

A great photo of Mullers and Stevie P

Mrs Perryman

Supporter
I'm a Cockney Malteser 👑
Pretty sure that's at half time, when a load of Spurs were taken round the pitch. Initially to the Kop, but the majority went in the seats.
One of those unforgettable days. My sister and I were meant to meet our lift at 5am and we overslept. This was the days before mobile phones, but thank goodness they waited for us. We were right up the front, standing behind the goal. We got in quite early as couldn't get a drink anywhere. There were loads of people let in through a gate in the fencing - don't know where they came from, but it got very uncomfortable, we were getting squashed. It's a miracle that we didn't have the same problems they had a few years later. Once Wolves got the penalty, players and fans alike went into a state of disbelief, it's a wonder we got through to the replay. We stopped off at a pub on the way home, then went straight to WHL to queue for replay tickets. I suppose I'm glad the game turned out as it did, as we wouldn't have had the replay at Highbury, and that was a game that will live long in the memory.

Rocket

Supporter
One of those unforgettable days. My sister and I were meant to meet our lift at 5am and we overslept. This was the days before mobile phones, but thank goodness they waited for us. We were right up the front, standing behind the goal. We got in quite early as couldn't get a drink anywhere. There were loads of people let in through a gate in the fencing - don't know where they came from, but it got very uncomfortable, we were getting squashed. It's a miracle that we didn't have the same problems they had a few years later. Once Wolves got the penalty, players and fans alike went into a state of disbelief, it's a wonder we got through to the replay. We stopped off at a pub on the way home, then went straight to WHL to queue for replay tickets. I suppose I'm glad the game turned out as it did, as we wouldn't have had the replay at Highbury, and that was a game that will live long in the memory.
Bloody love your stories Mrs. P.
Regularly jealous of your early year shenanigans.
Can't wait to get back to the Dispensary for a drink.

How's retirement treating you? Enjoying your "freedom"?

Top Bottom