Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

s-l1600.jpg
Google Maps prototype!!

I was looking for something else and came across this.

This brings back memories This is the season we spent in the old Division 2, getting promoted at the end.
Me and a mate used to sit in the Park Lane stand, pay on the day at the turnstile.
Anyway, about half way through the season Spurs put up season tickets for sale for the rest of the season, at a reduced rate. It worked out not much more to pay if we carried on using the Park Lane for the rest of the season.
We bought two seats in the East Stand, Block C, 3rd row. Sat there for several years.

Not wanting to have a pop at anyone and there enthusiasm for the womens team or the formula E car or whatever. But this is what Spurs means to me it's these pictures some before my time some like the one of Ossie Garth and Steve, my earliest memories.

There's an unbroken line here it was not formed in 1985 (1991), so I can't pretend a connection that dose not exist to something that was and wears the same kit. My dad told me about watching Greaves he was not a football fan but there was and awe in his voice I never forgot.

Then there was Hoddel, Ricky Gascoigne , Klinsmann, Ginola, King, Modric, Bale, Kane. Its not something a marketing thing that a PR dept made up. I'm sure the things I disparage will in time build an equal history but it won't be mine and I can't co-opt the love I feel for what I have seen. Suffice to say I bloody love this thread.

Last edited:
Chris Jones always had a place in my heart. He replaced the void of big Pat going rouge.

Galvin/Taylor )). Gavin was a god to me. A fat paddy who could play.

Chris Jones always had a place in my heart. He replaced the void of big Pat going rouge.

Galvin/Taylor )). Gavin was a god to me. A fat paddy who could play.
Loved Tony Galvin, a tad under-rated by even some Spurs supporters. He gave us balance and width, and knew how to cross a ball. One of the few players with a college degree (in Russian), and is known for his very fruity language. He is now like a little round ball, quite portly and not a hair on his head. :)

Back
Top Bottom