Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

alf-ramsey.jpg

Sir Alf Ramsey - future World Cup-winning manager in 1966

ron-burgess.jpg

What a photo - our title-winning captain, Ron Burgess, up against the great Stanley Matthews in 1949
Has to be 1948 I reckon.
FA Cup semi final at Villa Park.
My father was at this game and the semi final in '53 against the same team at the same venue.
He always blamed Sir Alf for the '53 defeat. Said it was 1-1 until the last few minutes, when his under hit back pass allowed them to score the winner.

Has to be 1948 I reckon.
FA Cup semi final at Villa Park.
Yes, you're right.

[FA Cup] Semi finals​

The semi-final matches were played on Saturday, 13 March 1948. Manchester United and Blackpool won their ties to meet in the final at Wembley. The gate receipts for the tie at Villa Park were £18,817 a record at the time for that ground.

13 March 1948
15:00
Villa Park, Birmingham
Attendance: 70,687

13 March 1948
15:00
Hillsborough, Sheffield

There are some great photos on the Spurs official site, inspired by the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee; looking back at the time when she came to the throne. Here are a few of my favourites:

platinum-jubilee-1953.jpg

Shortly after Her Majesty The Queen's Coronation, an historic night for us in 1953 - our first floodlit match against Racing Club de Paris
Does anyone know why we are playing in our FA Cup away kit for this game?

Fella on the left wearing what I think should be the Tottenham Away kit, all day long!
Plain Navy shirt,
Simple white trim,
Classic Cockerel on the chest...

DONE!

And the 3rd kit the yellow version of that t shirt. I wouldn't mind them alternating them 2 every once in a while

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I think that a vast majority of supporters would go along with that. Unfortunately, there's no money to be made by sticking with the same colours for the away kits. The fact that there is even a need for a third kit is ludicrous, if you get the right away colours, there is no way that you will clash with the opposing team.

Back
Top Bottom