Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you sure that's 94/95? I'm not seeing the purple away strip we used for that season and Thorstvedt's goalkeeping kit is from 93/94. There is also a lot of gear that was used for 91/92 and 92/93 and by 94/95 most of that stuff had gone.

I think it’s 93/94 rather than 94/95.

On the subject of away kits. Here's all our 'change' kits from the year dot.

Tottenham Hotspur Change kits - Kit History
Love the 1967 away strip. Got given the No 4 shirt version, love it.

Hadn't realised that we had to change to yellow away shirts 1969 because the authorities banned Navy Blue - too similar to the ref. Well make the ref change then!!

th.jpg

Love the 1967 away strip. Got given the No 4 shirt version, love it.

Hadn't realised that we had to change to yellow away shirts 1969 because the authorities banned Navy Blue - too similar to the ref. Well make the ref change then!!

th.jpg
I've got the same shirt, bought it for the CL final. 😞
I never knew about the "the authorities banned Navy Blue - too similar to the ref".

I've got the same shirt, bought it for the CL final. 😞
I never knew about the "the authorities banned Navy Blue - too similar to the ref".
I never knew it either but happened to read on after seeing all the away shirts in the link.....

Tony Sealey has provided these notes from the first Spurs programme of the 1969-70 season: Supporters who travelled to Leeds on Saturday must have been surprised to see the team turn out in yellow shirts with a blue cockerel emblem. As Leeds wear white we were forced to change. Our change strip in recent years has been navy blue shirts, but this colour has now been banned by the League as it clashes with the referee's outfit.

No reason for not having it as an away kit now except if it's commercial and they don't want home and away strips same colour scheme.

But can you imagine playing Real away in the CL wearing those retro colours? Wow!!

Are you sure that's 94/95? I'm not seeing the purple away strip we used for that season and Thorstvedt's goalkeeping kit is from 93/94. There is also a lot of gear that was used for 91/92 and 92/93 and by 94/95 most of that stuff had gone.
Maybe? The kit was 93-95 on kit history?

This team should have won us the league. Then we sold Glenn and Chris and Pleat didn't have the brains to get a card out of a phone booth...Spurs FFS!!
Glenn left two years before Chris, Scholar heard Venables was available and used his friends in the press to get Pleat back in the papers again (the original story conveniently resurfaced) and sacked him but we had to wait around 10 games until El Tel turned up and had caretaker management (Clemence and another whose name escapes me).

Edit: seems it was Trevor Hartley and Doug Livermore between Pleat and Terry Venables

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom