Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A6431635-AF52-4-A86-AE1-C-346-E1486-F9-A7.jpg

E2316-F11-F36-B-4-D31-B446-828-B532-DCDAB.jpg

BA6-C52-EB-728-C-46-DE-B811-174-D81-E9950-D.jpg

Ahhh, Ollie Morah... the next great hope...
...and Paula Moran, she was lovely!!
First and last great game up at Derby just before Christmas '87/88 (or was it '88/89?) Ran Derby ragged for 90 minutes... and was never heard of again...

....always got him confused with Mark Robson... weren't they basically the same player??

Ahhh, Ollie Morah... the next great hope...
...and Paula Moran, she was lovely!!
First and last great game up at Derby just before Christmas '87/88 (or was it '88/89?) Ran Derby ragged for 90 minutes... and was never heard of again...

....always got him confused with Mark Robson... weren't they basically the same player??
87/88 was the game that Sparrow played a blinder in. Think he also got us the pen against 'Boro the following season, when we came back to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

87/88 was the game that Sparrow played a blinder in. Think he also got us the pen against 'Boro the following season, when we came back to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

yep...Sparrow and David Howells changed the game when they came on. I took a very shy girl from school to this game...I was horrified getting off the tube at Seven Sisters to find Boro kicking off with Spurs, Old Bill, anyone. Ushered the terrified girl away and up the stairs. Later she said the fighting was the best bit of the day. She was buzzing!!

oh...and Ollie Morah. One of the mysteries that one?
I played with him and against him and he was a real handful. Strong and aggressive but also quick with a good touch (which you’d expect in those days with a kid from Lilleshall)

Strange

yep...Sparrow and David Howells changed the game when they came on. I took a very shy girl from school to this game...I was horrified getting off the tube at Seven Sisters to find Boro kicking off with Spurs, Old Bill, anyone. Ushered the terrified girl away and up the stairs. Later she said the fighting was the best bit of the day. She was buzzing!!
David Howells and a few other youth team players used to come into Tony's cafe on a Saturday morning in the early 80's for a cuppa - presumably before they started training. We'd be in there waiting for KR's coaches to turn up.

Back
Top Bottom