Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andy was one of the nicest guys you would wish to meet, a walking encyclopedia of everything Spurs. Although he was a bit shy and quiet, once you got to know him, he was really good company and had a very dry sense of humour. My first meeting with him and his friends was my first visit to St James's Park, around 1983/84. There wasn't enough of us to charter a whole train, so we had a whole carriage on a normal intercity service. We played Trivial Pursuit - the board game - first time I ever played that; funny what daft things you remember.
I was so upset to hear of his passing, and was at the game (can't remember which one it was) when the Club paid tribute to him. He was only 54, no age these days. Gone but not forgotten.
Bloody love your stories Mrs. P.

nuns_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqzyN9BNfgYa9w_bm-WzgI42DNkpD0g4XBlQdzSDyb4NA.jpg

Amazing to think that Meathook's open day took place nearly 41 years ago!
I think that was the one where i got the photo with Peter Cook(it's up here somewhere).I also got one with Gerry Armstrong,but sadly cant find that one.My mate interviewed Peter Cook with a can of long life as his Microphone, prior to him playing in the celeb match.He played with a fag on the go the whole time he was on the pitch :)
The club should start doing these days again. It would help recreate the bond ,we as fans once had with the players.

Back
Top Bottom