Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s scored one of my all time great goals against this mob........,

In my top three memories at WHL (together with The Finale and the UEFA Cup Final 1984). Might have told this story before but I had pledged £2 a goal to Capital Radio's 'Help a London Child', never thinking we would score 5 - ten quid was a lot of money back then!!! :)

I couldn't go to that game, because I was having a farewell dinner for my mum and dad, as they were going back to live in Malta. It was an insane result and I insisted that we watched it on MOTD (poor mum was out voted:) ). Ironic that we were promoted over Brighton by a goal difference of 9!
So many crazy wins that season I remember seeing where we fluked points.

Charlton 2-1, we were 1-0 down and were given 2 pens, first one missed. Talk about a homer ref. Blackpool, 0-2 down after 3 mins. I arrived 4 mins late and needed to be told again and again no wind up mate. A goal back in 45 mins + and the equaliser 90 mins +. Back in the days of passing back to the keeper and really hard to come back from being down.

Skin of the teeth promotion but hey

85249502-7396-4124-B22-C-D9-A9-E2-DF2811.jpg
Alongside Chris Waddle (obvs) Archie is my favourite ever Spurs player.Thanks Eli, you have made my day!!

So many crazy wins that season I remember seeing where we fluked points.

Charlton 2-1, we were 1-0 down and were given 2 pens, first one missed. Talk about a homer ref. Blackpool, 0-2 down after 3 mins. I arrived 4 mins late and needed to be told again and again no wind up mate. A goal back in 45 mins + and the equaliser 90 mins +. Back in the days of passing back to the keeper and really hard to come back from being down.

Skin of the teeth promotion but hey
I remember that Blackpool game well. Don Mac making it 2-2 right at the end, with a lob at the Paxton. The ball seemed to hang in the air for ages. Losing 3-1 at Notts County in the 2nd half, when up popped John Pratt with 2 screamers - and Hodd's free kick at Mansfield with literally the last kick of the game.
Mansfield caused us problem at home too. They played us off the park and missed a penalty.

Who can ever forget the Bristol Rovers game?!!

I couldn't go to that game, because I was having a farewell dinner for my mum and dad, as they were going back to live in Malta. It was an insane result and I insisted that we watched it on MOTD (poor mum was out voted:) ). Ironic that we were promoted over Brighton by a goal difference of 9!
I too couldn't go, had a serious illness as a youngster so missed a game here and there, me sister went instead.

Back
Top Bottom