Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A great photo of Mullers and Stevie P
Stevie-P.jpg

03-B4-B7-DE-EA30-4202-85-AC-B6-CF34-AC0446.jpg

Spurs fans after the 2-2 draw with Wolves at Hillsborough in '81 family cup semi final. Spurs won replay 3-0 at Highbury
Pretty sure that's at half time, when a load of Spurs were taken round the pitch. Initially to the Kop, but the majority went in the seats.

Pretty sure that's at half time, when a load of Spurs were taken round the pitch. Initially to the Kop, but the majority went in the seats.
One of those unforgettable days. My sister and I were meant to meet our lift at 5am and we overslept. This was the days before mobile phones, but thank goodness they waited for us. We were right up the front, standing behind the goal. We got in quite early as couldn't get a drink anywhere. There were loads of people let in through a gate in the fencing - don't know where they came from, but it got very uncomfortable, we were getting squashed. It's a miracle that we didn't have the same problems they had a few years later. Once Wolves got the penalty, players and fans alike went into a state of disbelief, it's a wonder we got through to the replay. We stopped off at a pub on the way home, then went straight to WHL to queue for replay tickets. I suppose I'm glad the game turned out as it did, as we wouldn't have had the replay at Highbury, and that was a game that will live long in the memory.

One of those unforgettable days. My sister and I were meant to meet our lift at 5am and we overslept. This was the days before mobile phones, but thank goodness they waited for us. We were right up the front, standing behind the goal. We got in quite early as couldn't get a drink anywhere. There were loads of people let in through a gate in the fencing - don't know where they came from, but it got very uncomfortable, we were getting squashed. It's a miracle that we didn't have the same problems they had a few years later. Once Wolves got the penalty, players and fans alike went into a state of disbelief, it's a wonder we got through to the replay. We stopped off at a pub on the way home, then went straight to WHL to queue for replay tickets. I suppose I'm glad the game turned out as it did, as we wouldn't have had the replay at Highbury, and that was a game that will live long in the memory.
Bloody love your stories Mrs. P.
Regularly jealous of your early year shenanigans.
Can't wait to get back to the Dispensary for a drink.

How's retirement treating you? Enjoying your "freedom"?

Did not go to Sheffield but did go to the replay which was the only time I ever went to Highbury. Great goal from a long way out from Ricky Villa. I remember thinking as he shaped to shoot 'No that is too far out' I was near the half way line right behind where he shot from.

Bloody love your stories Mrs. P.
Regularly jealous of your early year shenanigans.
Can't wait to get back to the Dispensary for a drink.

How's retirement treating you? Enjoying your "freedom"?
They were happy days. A lot of games blend into one, but a photo or song prompts a memory and it all comes flooding back. Away games were so much fun back then. I can't/don't really contribute to other threads with regards to tactics/slagging off players and management, so negative. I love any threads that enable me to reminisce (especially this one).
I have mentioned that I am struggling to connect with the team at the moment, as I can't see games live and I miss the whole-day experience.
It was my last day today and it was weird packing up my laptop. I'll probably feel like I'm on annual leave for the first few weeks. I've volunteered to be a Marshall for the vaccination programme, as I'll go nuts not having something to do. But so Spursey that now I have the time and money to travel the world a bit, I can't go anywhere further than a stone's throw from my house!
Please God come the Spring, we'll be able to have more of a normal life and we can get back to the stadium and meet up again - can't wait :)

Back
Top Bottom