Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everton fan here, give you a bit of insight into Richarlison

The lad is fantastic. There was a lot of media narrative about him being a sulk and a moaner, while that was true at the start of his career it certainly isn't now. He's a born winner, and when things aren't going right for the team it shows on his face. But that does not remove from his desire to win. He'll chase everything until the final minutes.

The lad said a couple of months ago that he would personally keep us up, and he did. He never hid, and he battled every second of every game. You also need to take into account how much football he has played since he joined, he's never really had summer off. Constantly playing for Brazil in tournaments, and with all that football he very rarely misses a game - unless its due to a serious injury (and even then he still wants to play)

Another narrative was this thing about him always being on the ground, wait until you see how much he gets kicked every game and then you'll understand. Defenders target him, to try and wind him up.

He's truly marvellous player, and despite some a lot of people saying his output last year was poor, they need ot take into consideration how we played under that fat kopite pig who almost destroyed the club. In a team with much more attacking power he'll have more freedom and will go onto another level

Devastated, but that's footy.

At least we have Jesse Lingard to look forward to

"It was years of struggle, and you were always by my side. I just need to thank you for not giving up on me and my dream. Today, having you here, made the moment even more exciting for me. We continue together for even bigger dreams to come! Thanks Dad!"

FcFWQ5uWYAIv1vC

False. He honestly kept us up. He absolutely loves the fans and he is exactly the type of player you hate if he doesn’t play for you. He can have his moods, but I’d honestly say it’s a positive.
Another Everton fan here in peace. Here is my take on Richy and on these comments in particular.

He is moody to a degree. He can be a bit petulant at times (moreso a couple of seasons ago when he could also be baited etc..). But it doesn’t come from a place of selfishness, it’s just an abundance of passion. He wants to do well for his team and for the fans. He’s going to leave Everton as a bit of a cult hero for that reason. He will give absolutely everything for whatever club he’s at. You’ll never question that.

He absolutely goes down too easy at times. That is true (though again, a bit less than a couple of seasons ago). It’s also true that he gets kicked at least as much as any player in the league. I expect that will happen less on both accounts when he’s not the focus of opposing defenses so much.

As a player he is a bit of a mixed bag. Dangerous and direct with the ball but he’s not quite the finisher you’d like and he will sometimes make the wrong decisions in the final third. Again, some of that may be down to his team. There were times when you could see him pressing because of how little we created and he would take poor shots when there were better options. Obviously he wouldn’t have that issue at Spurs. The real value of Richie is his work rate and what he can do for you defensively. He’s very responsible that way and I would challenge anyone to find a premier league winger who does more for his club at the other end.

I think his floor is what you’ve seen of him at Everton. A hardworking two way winger that opposing players and fans will find very annoying to play against. His ceiling, if you can improve him even 10% in the final third, is that 80m player who can bag 15 and 7 and be a huge asset in your own end as well.

Most of his goals are tap ins in all honestly...

Been playing better recently...but still not overall good enough.

They could all be tap ins for all I care. He has 7 goals in 7 now and putting in consistently good performances.

Imagine criticizing one of our own players as a tap in merchant. Who cares as long as he's scoring?

Here's the thing...you know how we all looked at Son Kane Kulu folded our arms and smirked last season...and you know how Morata looked at Kane and told Poch fuck no ill never play...Richarlison looked at the front three and went. "Well its good but its not quite Carling". I fucking LOVE HIM. He's cunning quicker than I realised tough (a bit of a cheat) and his desire is top class.

Quite pleased with this signing. The fact we've taken the star player from a club like Everton without fucking around too long over the price tag shows we're finally getting back to where we belong.

Hats off to Mr Levy on this one

Back
Top Bottom