RIP Socrates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

AberdeenYid

I'm very rarely proud of myself
Loved watching him play, especially Spain 82. A brilliant footballer who spent his life shagging, smoking and drinking.

Legend.

Hero.

82 World Cup remains my first memory of any World Cup. I can actually remember watching the 3-2 and being gutted for Brazil even though I wasn't quite sure why. I guess even at that young age I was mesmerised by them.

spooky said:
Hero.

82 World Cup remains my first memory of any World Cup. I can actually remember watching the 3-2 and being gutted for Brazil even though I wasn't quite sure why. I guess even at that young age I was mesmerised by them.

If I had to pick 1 World Cup game to watch for the rest of my life, it would be THAT one. Brilliant stuff. Says a lot that the 82 team is way more loved & adored in Brazil than the 94 team that actually won the World Cup.

Hey, everyone, get yourselves over to the football ramble and check out the Socrates profile. Great stuff.

I remember the 82 World Cup vividly, especially that Brazil team, the good Dr Socrates, Eder, Zico, Falcao, Junior..add that to Bryan Robson scoring after 20 odd seconds, the Emir ordering the Kuwait team off the pitch and the madness of the France v Germany semi and you have perfection.

After 82 + 86, World Cups haven't been, or will ever be the same or as good again because we all know, and watch every week, all the top players in every team. Even the real minnows will have players who's every trick and move we already know.

Shame really, just no mystery or magic left

In 1983 Socrates said, "Quiero morir un domingo y que el Corinthians levante un título ese día". Which basically means, "I want to die on a Sunday and for Corinthians to win a title that day". Well guess what yesterday was, and guess what Corinthians did...

Spooky shit

SanDiegoYiddo said:
In 1983 Socrates said, "Quiero morir un domingo y que el Corinthians levante un título ese día". Which basically means, "I want to die on a Sunday and for Corinthians to win a title that day". Well guess what yesterday was, and guess what Corinthians did...

Spooky shit

that is pretty fuckn awesome

Back
Top Bottom