Robbie Keane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keane first time round was on course for being a true Tottenham great, I’d even bought a Keane 10 shirt as I believed he was never going before Berbatov. Then he went to his ‘boyhood club’ on loan for 6 months and came back shite.

I cannot forgive him for jumping ship just as we could have started to be great, both him and Berbatov leaving fucked us and led to 2 points from 8 games in 2008/09.

Oddly enough I actually have more respect for Berbatov than Keane these days.

I think coming back was the real mistake to be honest. 'Arry took the captaincy off King as well which made it a bit worse. I never really liked the fact he joint held the Carling Cup either just before he left. Everything before that was legendary status. You're just always remembered for the mistakes more. That reminds me, he came on for Hossam Ghaly once...

I think coming back was the real mistake to be honest. 'Arry took the captaincy off King as well which made it a bit worse. I never really liked the fact he joint held the Carling Cup either just before he left. Everything before that was legendary status. You're just always remembered for the mistakes more. That reminds me, he came on for Hossam Ghaly once...

That was Ledleys decision.

I appreciate that, but when he fucks off the next season and you are stuck with a photo forever... it was probably the wrong one. I get it was right at the time, Keano carried us a lot and was a leader.

Yeah, I think Ledleys reasoning was that Keane was captain alot of the season (Ramos preferred Ledley in the cups instead of the league) so decided they should both lift it.

I agree though. King should have just lifted it on his own.

I thought he had already retired? Anyways, absolute legend of the game and of our club. My dream is to be able to do his celebration after scoring a banger.

Good luck on the future Keano!

Was my favorite player in his first stint, while I pretty much knew Berbatov was leaving, I was almost heartbroken when he left the same summer for the Dippers, even though he came back that January it was never the same.

Saying that, his partnership with Berbatov has to be mentioned with our best ever in that area, in my lifetime it's up there with Sheringham/Klinsmann.

"It's absolutely fantastic, a real dream come true for me. I've been a Liverpool fan all my life, going back to when I was a kid growing up in Dublin, and I always had a Liverpool shirt on my back. So, to be here now as a Liverpool player is incredible and I couldn't be happier. It's hard to describe how I'm feeling. The only way I could try to describe it is to compare it to when you're a little kid on Christmas Eve and you know you're about to get your presents."

Was a bit too much for me to really like him, but he was a good player and I wish him well.

Last edited:

Not your boyhood club, but Keano’s best days were certainly with us. His patnership with Betbatov was purely sexual.

He was a great player. Not faultless, but then again he suffered some pretty awful managers who didn't get the most out of him, and often with very mediocre midfields behind him too. He was a real entertainer.

He was a great player. Not faultless, but then again he suffered some pretty awful managers who didn't get the most out of him, and often with very mediocre midfields behind him too. He was a real entertainer.

I’ve mentioned it earlier in this thread, Keane should have been a Spurs legend, yet the way he left us for his boyhood club just as we looked to be turning things around, only to return tail between his legs 6-7 months later, taints his status for me.

Remember going down the skip and chucking all my Keane shirts away then the cunt returned 6 months later

Good watch, still love him.

Interesting what he says about Glenn Hoddle as a manager ... nobody knew what Glenn wanted them to do on the pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom