Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

soldado-2-800x702.jpg

soldado-3-800x534.jpg

soldado-4-800x648.jpg

:soldadowtf:

From Soldado's Instagram:

Sad match in which we had our opportunities including my penalty.
I'm sorry and I'll keep working hard to help the team with my goals.

---------

All things considering today, he deserves a start in the next PL game.

What a selection of cunts. The guy has had one season FFS. An utterly ridiculous level of criticism for one of our own players in what has been a season of fresh mustard coloured shite.

I finally clicked ignore and its much better. Even if you miss a few posts you can always guess what old gibbsy is posting. 99% chance that it involves him using the words "beast" or "tiny dancer", or a reference to AVBs boring style, talking about a past prediction where he got a minute detail right, calling out someone else for a post where they got a minute detail wrong, or talking about how shit Soldado, Rose, Naughton, Lennon, or Townsend are.

I have lost my Ignore Virginity to Gibbs.

Now I just want to ignore everyone and essentially make this a place to document my thoughts.

The dehumanisation in football sometimes is crazy, i can't understand it myself. The guy took a risky career move, especially at his age, which went to absolute shit, then he lost a kid. His whole life was ruined in the space of about a year. No amount of money is going to bring back your child is it. Couldn't give a toss anymore about him being shit, it doesnt actually affect me in any way. At least his attitude has always been spot on. It would be perfectly understandable if he was depressed, in fact the guy must have been fucking miserable, yet he still carried on, seemed to be very popular at the club, always seemed somewhat of a mentor, and was always fighting for his team mates on the pitch.

Watching Soldado was always incredibly frustrating, but not because of the chances he missed. Nine times out of ten, its was because he would make great runs, or just have good movement, and then he'd turn around and see dembele pass the ball sideways, or Paulinho pass it backwards. He's got a very good footballing brain, had we got him 5 years earlier things might have turned out very differently. He'll probably go and bang in spain now, and knock us out of the europa league at some point. Hashtag Spursy.

Normally that would be fair, but we (Spurs) don't have the luxury or waiting for him to adjust.
Yes we do. We're in the top four and romping it in the cups. If we had, say, two points from eight games, then we'd really need him banging in hat-tricks every game. As things stand, he's settling in.
His career goals suggest he isn't shite and he hasn't become shite over the last month.

Back
Top Bottom