Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can be a bit casual at times but he certainly adds some bite in midfield. Can't wait to see him and Skipp together.
Agreed but that seems to be a common theme with midfielders that come from foreign leagues. He’s used to having more time. The good thing is he usually playing positive, forward passes and isn’t afraid to run with the ball. I think when he gets up to speed a bit more with the league and learns to use his gut more for the first time quick pass, he’ll get much better. Very pleased with him so far

Woeful today. Far less convinced about this guy than Kulusevski, although it's early on for both still. But he doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that he's a future regular starter. Wins the ball well at times but also gets caught in possession so much.

He's exactly what I thought he'd be tbh. Just a noticable improvement on PEH, Winks but nothing special.

Woeful today. Far less convinced about this guy than Kulusevski, although it's early on for both still. But he doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence that he's a future regular starter. Wins the ball well at times but also gets caught in possession so much.

I am more convinced by him in that I feel I know what he is. I think he can be the 3rd best MF in a MF 3 but will need better players around him especially in terms of playing the ball.

He is an upgrade on Winks and PEH and I think he is a perfect player to have with Skipp. If Skipp can't overtake him in the starting 11 than that is concerning but also Bentancur is fine to start while Skipp gets to the level we hope he can.

But with Bentancur, Skipp, PEH and Winks we really only need 2 of them and find 2 new starters and at least one more depth MFer.

He's fucking ordinary personified. Defensively meh, very little press resistance, really ordinary passing.

Honestly, I'd rather we bought someone like Caqueret than Bentancur. Caqueret's not perfect, but he's got more energy and drive and is more press resistant than Bentancur.

And someone like Sangare is about three times the player Bentancur is.

Meh. Fucking meh.

He's fucking ordinary personified. Defensively meh, very little press resistance, really ordinary passing.

Honestly, I'd rather we bought someone like Caqueret than Bentancur. Caqueret's not perfect, but he's got more energy and drive and is more press resistant than Bentancur.

Meh. Fucking meh.
Fucking Meh is still better than Winks, Sissoko, PEH....

Goes to show how deprived of actual CM players we have been.

It reflects in our league positions over the past few seasons.

I've always said CM is the most important position on the pitch. The game runs through there defensively, offensively and in transition. We've just had donkeys playing there having previously had players like Modric, Dembele, Wanyama, Huddlestone, heck even Jenas and Mason were better.

Seen him play like this dozens of times for Juventus over the years. When things are new and shiny they can impress but the fundamentals have to be very good to impress at a top side and unfortunately long term Bentancur wont be it.

DfwXQkYXkAETTq2.jpg

Bentancur is way more mobile than PEH, and more size than Skipp. They are not all the same player. I'm not even gonna mention Winks, who would be far more at home in the bottom half of the Primera.

I think they are the same player in terms of there should only be one of them in our starting 11 at the same time.

Whether a MF 2 or 3 if we want to be a top team then we can't have 2 of Skipp, Bentancur, PEH or Winks playing at the same time.

But you are right that Bentancur is better than all of them, bar Skipp.

We’ve gone and paid £20 million to buy the exact same midfielder we’ve already got two of
I could not disagree more. Both those guys had plenty of time to show us they were worth the obscene amount of money we paid for them and both flopped. No other word for it.
Bentacur probably cost us the points v United but at least he did not shirk. I'm still hopeful about him.
He can certainly make a killer pass.

Back
Top Bottom