Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we went and got Eriksen our CM options would be as varied & deep as I can ever remember them. Probably unlikely now though, would be a lot of midfielders to have for a team that nearly always play 2 in midfield.
I think Conte really wants him. Up to Eriksen now. He'd be fantastic in games where the opposition have given up attacking. Sub him in for Benta/PEH and just let him dictate the game, and take shots from range.

Bin vote cast you animal touching weewee head
Can I nick that please? No the animal part, just the weewee head

Happy Cracking Up GIF

Going to be an interesting fight for who starts with Bissouma next season .. that is if we assume Bissouma will be immediately first choice. Skipp/Hojbjerg/Bentancur all fighting for that second midfield slot and all offering something a bit different.

I don't think there's a huge gap between the ability of any of them personally.

Bissouma +

Tough/Knockout games: PEH (or maybe Skipp once he's fully up and running again)
'Easier'/League/Group games: Bentancur

.....With Skipp probably deputising to Bissouma for rotation purposes.

I can’t understand the ignorance of the effect of this guy on the team from some people. We are different team with him playing. We can possess the ball. Yes he has a tendency to lose it sometimes but the merits exceeds the disadvantages.

Fantastic player. I think he will be very influential this season. Him and Bissouma will be an excellent pairing and with PEH and Skipp as back up we are very strong in that area. Now

I can’t understand the ignorance of the effect of this guy on the team from some people. We are different team with him playing. We can possess the ball. Yes he has a tendency to lose it sometimes but the merits exceeds the disadvantages.
Some ppl said in his first few games that he wasn’t that good even though he was playing amazing. It’s just his game is simple and disciplined and not flashy. Ppl really need to watch him, keep their focus on just him for 20 minutes to realize what he gives us.

He isn’t the whole solution of course, I would like another CM of a different sort (Bissoma great but again someone even more different) but we probably have to wait for the right player that we can identify and get.

Surprised to see this thread on the fifth page.

Excellent today. In fact, if it wasn't for Kulusevski moving up several gears in that second half, he would have been my man of the match and for 50 minutes of the match he was by far and away our best player on the pitch.

€19,000,000. Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom